    little purplish hue.
    Any suggestions as to what caused this and what I can do about it?
    Thanks.
    k_yhz, Dec 11, 2003

  2. k_yhz

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    k_yhz <> wrote in
    news::

    > I have a Samsung SyncMaster 1200NF 22" monitor and it has two lines
    > that run accross the full width of the screen. The lines are one
    > pixel wide and are located about 3 inches from the top and bottom of
    > the screen. They appear at all resolutions. There also appears to be
    > a little "color burn" or something in the top left hand corner - a
    > little purplish hue.
    > Any suggestions as to what caused this and what I can do about it?
    > Thanks.

    It sounds like you have a monitor with a "Trinitron" tube. They provide
    really high quality picture, but require two wires to hold the apeture
    grill in place. There is nothing you can do about this, but the lines will
    be barely noticable after a little getting used to.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Dec 11, 2003

  3. k_yhz

    k_yhz Guest

    Thanks for the info - that's what the folks who sold it to me said.

    k_yhz, Dec 11, 2003
  4. k_yhz

    Night_Seer Guest

    k_yhz wrote:
    > Thanks for the info - that's what the folks who sold it to me said.
    >
    > On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:32:54 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:
    >
    >> k_yhz <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I have a Samsung SyncMaster 1200NF 22" monitor and it has two lines
    >>> that run accross the full width of the screen. The lines are one
    >>> pixel wide and are located about 3 inches from the top and bottom of
    >>> the screen. They appear at all resolutions. There also appears to
    >>> be a little "color burn" or something in the top left hand corner -
    >>> a little purplish hue.
    >>> Any suggestions as to what caused this and what I can do about it?
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> It sounds like you have a monitor with a "Trinitron" tube. They
    >> provide really high quality picture, but require two wires to hold
    >> the apeture grill in place. There is nothing you can do about this,
    >> but the lines will be barely noticable after a little getting used
    >> to.

    Yup I have a Sony monitor witht hose same lines...I completely forgot
    about them until now...you get used to em. As for the hue in the
    corner. I would check the refresh rate, as I have fixed this before by
    lowering or raising it. Check your monitors documentation to see what
    refresh rates it supports at your current resolution.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Dec 11, 2003
  5. k_yhz

    Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:30:58 -0800, "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail
    dot com> wrote:

    >k_yhz wrote:
    >> Thanks for the info - that's what the folks who sold it to me said.
    >>
    >> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:32:54 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:
    >>
    >>> k_yhz <> wrote in

    >>> It sounds like you have a monitor with a "Trinitron" tube. They
    >>> provide really high quality picture, but require two wires to hold
    >>> the apeture grill in place. There is nothing you can do about this,
    >>> but the lines will be barely noticable after a little getting used
    >>> to.

    >Yup I have a Sony monitor witht hose same lines...I completely forgot
    >about them until now...you get used to em. As for the hue in the
    >corner. I would check the refresh rate, as I have fixed this before by
    >lowering or raising it. Check your monitors documentation to see what
    >refresh rates it supports at your current resolution.

    A note to original poster. You have the better type of monitor once
    you forget about the lines.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Dec 11, 2003
  6. k_yhz

    Night_Seer Guest

    wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:30:58 -0800, "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail
    > dot com> wrote:
    >
    >> k_yhz wrote:
    >>> Thanks for the info - that's what the folks who sold it to me said.

    >> Yup I have a Sony monitor witht hose same lines...I completely forgot
    >> about them until now...you get used to em. As for the hue in the
    >> corner. I would check the refresh rate, as I have fixed this before
    >> by lowering or raising it. Check your monitors documentation to see
    >> what refresh rates it supports at your current resolution.

    > A note to original poster. You have the better type of monitor once
    > you forget about the lines.
    >
    > Roy - Carpe Noctem

    agreed...

    --