    Best I can tell, I got it from a lyrics site earlier this afternoon
    that had a bunch of pop-ups. Thank you.

    , Feb 21, 2005

  2. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > When I hit ctrl/alt/delete, there is a program running two times
    > called OYIvasJh.exe. I have searched Google, Dogpile, Altavista,

    virus or trojan renaming itself. That's why you wont find it at google.

    Plato, Feb 21, 2005

  3. Guest

    On 21 Feb 2005 00:00:05 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >>
    >> When I hit ctrl/alt/delete, there is a program running two times
    >> called OYIvasJh.exe. I have searched Google, Dogpile, Altavista,

    >virus or trojan renaming itself. That's why you wont find it at google.

    That makes sense, but what do I do to get rid of it? 4 virus scanners
    have found nothing...

    , Feb 21, 2005
  4. Robert Baer Guest

    wrote:

    > On 21 Feb 2005 00:00:05 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
    >
    > > wrote:
    > >>
    > >> When I hit ctrl/alt/delete, there is a program running two times
    > >> called OYIvasJh.exe. I have searched Google, Dogpile, Altavista,

    > >virus or trojan renaming itself. That's why you wont find it at google.

    > That makes sense, but what do I do to get rid of it? 4 virus scanners
    > have found nothing...

    Some of them are VERY bitchy.
    You will probably find the EXE in the \system32 or \system directory;
    sort by date so it will be near or at the top.
    If the system allows you to delete it, it is possible that it will
    re-appear within a minute.
    And it will *very* likely that it will be impossible to delete the
    process (not task/program).
    It has been a while since i found a way to get rid of these bastardos,
    so what i give here may not be correct order / method.
    1) Use RegEdit and delete the "leaf" that contains that name (say
    "Burble" has sub-folders ("leaves") called DefaultIcon and Shell; that
    Shell has Open, Print and PrintTo; that Open has Command and Ddeexe; and
    that Open has data with the offending name. Thus, you would delete
    "Burble".
    2) Then, as fast as possible, exit out of RegEdit and Restart (or
    ShutDown).
    3) When booting up again, as soon as possible (*very* critical), use
    <Ctrl><Alt><Delete> and find that damn process (not a task) and delete
    it (it can be done early) *and* monitor the list for re-appearence
    (maybe and maybe not, but be safe); delete it the second time as fast as
    it shows up. I have never seen one that pops up more than twice.
    4) Then delete the EXE in the \System (or \System32) directory, and
    re-check in RegEdit and delete if needed.

    Robert Baer, Feb 21, 2005
  5. Mark Mandell Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > When I hit ctrl/alt/delete, there is a program running two times
    > called OYIvasJh.exe. I have searched Google, Dogpile, Altavista,
    > Yahoo, MSN, and can find nothing about it. If I try to end process, it
    > all the sudden starts running (literally) 80+ times, the computer lags
    > for a few mins, then its back to running 2 times. I have run McAfee,
    > F-Prot, Trend Micro and Zone Alarm updated anti-viruses, they have all
    > come up with nothing. I have run Adaware and Xoftspy and they too came
    > up with nothing.
    > The program has put itself in my WinXP prefetch folder, it doesn't
    > matter how many times I delete it, it comes right back again. I've
    > taken it out of start up thru msconfig but the next restart, its back
    > again. Does anyone know anything about it and how to get rid of it.
    > Best I can tell, I got it from a lyrics site earlier this afternoon
    > that had a bunch of pop-ups. Thank you.

    Download and run HiJack This 1.99 available from www.majorgeeks.com.
    You'll need to locate it on the log that comes up and it may be necessary to
    run the program in Safe mode to make certain it does get deleted(both as a
    04 startup program and then any evidence of it in the C:\program files).

    Mark Mandell, Feb 21, 2005
  6. Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 05:47:55 GMT, wrote:

    >When I hit ctrl/alt/delete, there is a program running two times
    >called OYIvasJh.exe. I have searched Google, Dogpile, Altavista,
    >Yahoo, MSN, and can find nothing about it. If I try to end process, it
    >all the sudden starts running (literally) 80+ times, the computer lags
    >for a few mins, then its back to running 2 times. I have run McAfee,
    >F-Prot, Trend Micro and Zone Alarm updated anti-viruses, they have all
    >come up with nothing. I have run Adaware and Xoftspy and they too came
    >up with nothing.
    >The program has put itself in my WinXP prefetch folder, it doesn't
    >matter how many times I delete it, it comes right back again. I've
    >taken it out of start up thru msconfig but the next restart, its back
    >again. Does anyone know anything about it and how to get rid of it.
    >Best I can tell, I got it from a lyrics site earlier this afternoon
    >that had a bunch of pop-ups. Thank you.

    Problem solved. I ran yet another virus program, AVG, and it found the
    trojan - Agent.I and cleaned it up for me. I have installed Hi-Jack
    this for future reference, thanks for your time :)

    , Feb 21, 2005
  7. mark mandell Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 05:47:55 GMT, wrote:
    >
    > >When I hit ctrl/alt/delete, there is a program running two times
    > >called OYIvasJh.exe. I have searched Google, Dogpile, Altavista,
    > >Yahoo, MSN, and can find nothing about it. If I try to end process, it
    > >all the sudden starts running (literally) 80+ times, the computer lags
    > >for a few mins, then its back to running 2 times. I have run McAfee,
    > >F-Prot, Trend Micro and Zone Alarm updated anti-viruses, they have all
    > >come up with nothing. I have run Adaware and Xoftspy and they too came
    > >up with nothing.
    > >The program has put itself in my WinXP prefetch folder, it doesn't
    > >matter how many times I delete it, it comes right back again. I've
    > >taken it out of start up thru msconfig but the next restart, its back
    > >again. Does anyone know anything about it and how to get rid of it.
    > >Best I can tell, I got it from a lyrics site earlier this afternoon
    > >that had a bunch of pop-ups. Thank you.

    > Problem solved. I ran yet another virus program, AVG, and it found the
    > trojan - Agent.I and cleaned it up for me. I have installed Hi-Jack
    > this for future reference, thanks for your time :)

    Yeah, AVG's pretty good.

    mark mandell, Feb 21, 2005