    Server > 127.0.0.1
    newsgruop Technet.en-US.w7itprogeneral

    It`s windows 7 (x86/x64) group

    Vjekoslav, Jul 2, 2010

  2. Vjekoslav

    Vjekoslav Guest

    To be able to run this.... Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge has to be
    runing...download it, create yourself a WinLiveID (if you don`t have one)and
    after the installation sign in, that`s all.

    Vjekoslav, Jul 2, 2010

  3. Vjekoslav

    Bo Persson Guest

    Vjekoslav wrote:
    > To be able to run this.... Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge has to be
    > runing...download it, create yourself a WinLiveID (if you don`t
    > have one)and after the installation sign in, that`s all.

    Yeah, and previously we didn't have to run extra software, didn't have
    to register with MS, and didn't have to sign in.

    Great improvement. :)

    Bo Persson

    Bo Persson, Jul 2, 2010
  4. Not my first choice of homes, frankly. And I'd always prefer to run the
    Community Bridge. Better behaved, and a much better HTML<->Text conversion,
    IMHO.

    We're going to try staying on the NG for the moment.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 2, 2010
  5. Vjekoslav

    Guest

    In <>, "R. C. White" <> writes:
    >Hi, Vjekoslav.
    >
    >Yes. But that Forum is NOT dedicated to 64-bit computing. Users of WinXP
    >x64 will not feel at home there, and users of Vista x64 might feel like
    >stepchildren.
    >
    >AND that is a FORUM, not a newsgroup, even though we can access it with a
    >newsreader by using an NNTP Bridge. But many of us feel that the Forum
    >interface is awkward, even when accessed via the bridge, and just not as
    >friendly as this newsgroup format. If you are comfy with the Forum
    >interface, you can access all of them with your browser, starting at:
    >http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx
    >
    >Microsoft has provided TWO NNTP Bridges. One handles the forums in the
    >Microsoft Answers "brand"; the other is for forums in the MSDN, TechNet,
    >Expression and Microsoft brand forums.
    >
    >MVP Jochen Kalmbach has written the Community NNTP Bridge which handles all
    >the Forums accessible by both the Microsoft bridges - and adds many useful
    >improvements. Jochen released v.1 of his bridge on May 25, 2010, and
    >updated it several times a day at first, mostly adding features that we
    >requested. But Build 38, released June 14, has been stable for the past
    >couple of weeks. You can get it free at:
    >Community Forums NNTP bridge
    >http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
    >
    >The Community NNTP Bridge is not officially supported by Microsoft, but many
    >of us are using it. (I started with Build 9, as I recall.)

    I access newsgroups from an "other than Windows" operating system. My interests
    are eclectic. XPx64 is just one of the OSs I use. NNTP is best for me.

    , Jul 3, 2010