    The second issue is, I can not get the USB print server to work, and am
    looking for any suggestions on this.
    thank you in advance
    Overbey, Feb 22, 2009

  2. Overbey <doverbey@*******> wrote:
    > I have not been able to find an "ASUS WireLess Router" group

    There may not be one in usenet (and there won't be one on Microsoft's news
    servers, of course). However, the manufacturer should have a support page on
    their website.

    > , so I
    > pose my question here, if this is the wrong group, please direct me
    > tothe right one.

    This is fine for general wireless questions. For your particular hardware,
    you should contact the manufacturer's support.

    > I have an "ASUS WireLess Router" WL-500W, I have two
    > issues that I am trying to correct. The first one is, is there a way
    > to reserve more than 8 IP addresses. I would like to have the dhcp
    > server give out addresses and not have to worry about static
    > addresses even though I need the addresses to be the same each and
    > every time. The second issue is, I can not get the USB print server to
    > work, and
    > am looking for any suggestions on this.
    > thank you in advance
    > adoverbey@*****

    See above - your best bet is to get in touch with the hardware manufacturer.

    PS: Best not to post your email address in here (or in your account
    settings) unless you like spam.
    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Feb 22, 2009

  3. Hi
    I do not know where you started your Internet quest about the Wireless
    Router. you reached the Microsoft newsgroup. There is here NO groups for
    none Microsoft devices.
    However as a long shot with a grain of salt ;). USB printer servers that are
    not of the same manufacturer as the printer some times are not compatible
    with many printers.
    If you want better DHCP reservation you can try to flash your Router with
    this free 3rd party firmware.
    It would make the Router much more flexible, but I am not sure that it
    supports the USB server.
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation#Asus_WL500W
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 23, 2009