    20.0mm (H) x 1.7mm (D) in size.

    Heaven = Fujifilm Finepix F30 & 2GB Xd card !!
    , Aug 9, 2006

  2. ASAAR Guest

    On 8 Aug 2006 17:24:01 -0700, our Fujikinga hotmailer wrote:

    > The M2 GB Type M-Series xD-Picture Card uses the latest high-capacity
    > storage technology based on the Multi-Level Cell (MLC) to pack 2GB of
    > memory onto an ultra-compact media card measuring just 25.0mm (W) x
    > 20.0mm (H) x 1.7mm (D) in size.
    >
    > Heaven = Fujifilm Finepix F30 & 2GB Xd card !!

    Before your heavenly joy runs completely over and soaks your bib,
    do you know whether the F10/F11/F30 can use a 2GB xD card? And if
    they do (especially the F30), wouldn't you prefer passing on a type
    M card when a faster type H card should follow soon after? 1 GB
    type H cards have been selling for many months.
    ASAAR, Aug 9, 2006

  3. peter Guest

    "" <> wrote in message
    > Bout bloody time too:
    >
    > Olympus Introduces High-Capacity 2 GB xD-Picture Card

    I was rather hoping the industry would standardize on fewer form factors.
    peter, Aug 9, 2006
  4. Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <A_bCg.16223$l95.3067@trnddc08>, peter says...
    > > Olympus Introduces High-Capacity 2 GB xD-Picture Card
    > >

    > I was rather hoping the industry would standardize on fewer form factors.

    It seems that the market is big enough to support multiple standards.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Aug 9, 2006
  5. Kinon O'Cann Guest

    "" <> wrote in message
    > Bout bloody time too:
    >
    > Olympus Introduces High-Capacity 2 GB xD-Picture Card
    >
    > Center Valley, Pa, August 8, 2006 - Olympus Imaging America Inc.
    > proudly introduces the new 2 GB Type M-Series xD-Picture Card, called
    > the M2 GB, an advanced ultra-compact memory media designed for digital
    > cameras. The M2 GB has the greatest storage capacity in the xD-Picture
    > Card series and is scheduled to go on sale in August 2006.
    >
    > The M2 GB Type M-Series xD-Picture Card uses the latest high-capacity
    > storage technology based on the Multi-Level Cell (MLC) to pack 2GB of
    > memory onto an ultra-compact media card measuring just 25.0mm (W) x
    > 20.0mm (H) x 1.7mm (D) in size.
    >
    > Heaven = Fujifilm Finepix F30 & 2GB Xd card !!

    Heaven-Fuji and Sony waking up and smelling the coffe and moving away from
    proprietary formats.

    What are they thinking?

    Kinon O'Cann, Aug 9, 2006