Hooray! Barney Miller is shipping

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stan Brown, Jan 17, 2004.

  1. Stan Brown

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Stan Brown <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Ordered from Bestprices.com last weekend. Got an e-mail midweek to
    > say it wouldn't ship until the weekend and therefore they were
    > remitting the shipping charges. Got the ship notice, with tracking
    > number, today.
    >
    > My total cost: $21.07
    >
    > Take _that_, Deep Discount DVD!

    I won't buy from bestprices.com ever again after the hassle they gave
    me with a couple Battle of the Planets volumes I ordered a few years
    ago. Till that time they were my favorite online dvd store.

    To keep it short, I ordered BOTP #3 and #4. They were shipped
    seperately due to back order availability. Volume 3 was lost in
    shipping to me somewhere in Oregon. I know this because the USPS sent
    me a letter along with the label (no glue or tape on it whatsoever)
    from the "missing" package enclosed saying it had been lost or
    destroyed.

    Bestprices.com then accidentally resent a duplicate of BOTP #4 when I
    asked for a resend of BOTP volume 3 after calling them about the
    letter from the Postal Service I got. They also charged me for that
    duplicate dvd. By this time I was getting a little ticked so I called
    them yet again and asked for a complete refund for the two duplicates
    and the 3rd "missing" dvd. They gladly gave me an RMA number and I
    shipped the two duplicate BOTP #4 dvds out.

    The screwups at Bestprices Customer Service then credit me for two,
    saying they hadn't gotten back the "missing" dvd. Then I start
    getting email requests for me to either return the "missing" dvd or
    risk being charged for it. I sent back multiple emails, and phone
    calls, trying to get the clueless fuckers to understand I didn't have
    it and if anything they owed me a refund for it since I never got it
    period.

    This hassle went on for nearly a year. I finally told them it was
    becoming harrassment and if they ever charged my credit card for it
    I'd have to sue them. Haven't heard from them since. DDD and Amazon
    get my business from now on.
    Joseph Phillips, Jan 21, 2004

  3. Stan Brown

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Stan Brown

    jayembee Guest

    Stan Brown <> wrote:

    > And I see next week's TV Guide makes it a featured DVD set,
    > even though there are no extras at all.

    I have no problems with the lack of extras -- though certainly
    commentaries from the surviving cast members might've been
    nice -- EXCEPT the inexcusable non-inclusion of the original
    pilot, "The Life and Times of Barney Miller", which only aired
    once about six months before the series debuted.

    > Please, everyone, but this set! I want it to be successful
    > so the other seasons will be made available!

    I've done my duty. I'm not, however, going to lay odds on
    Columbia making it through another seven seasons.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Jan 22, 2004
  5. Stan Brown

    SRT Guest

    "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    > Ordered from Bestprices.com last weekend. Got an e-mail midweek to
    > say it wouldn't ship until the weekend and therefore they were
    > remitting the shipping charges. Got the ship notice, with tracking
    > number, today.
    >
    > My total cost: $21.07
    >
    > Take _that_, Deep Discount DVD!
    >
    > --

    Wow, it doesn't take much to excite some people. Do you always feel the
    need to announce to the whole world when you receive a shipping notice? And
    good knock on DDDVD - you saved an entire $0.99, that's showing'em.

    srt
    SRT, Jan 24, 2004