Hooking Cisco Router to AFC DSL DSLAM

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Matt, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Hi,
    I'm trying to interface a Cisco Router with a 4 port ATM card (only
    using port 1) with an AFC DSL interface. So far I have gotten the DSL
    modems to come up (really outside the scope of this newsgroup), I can
    send data out the DSL modem. I can also send data from the router down
    the ATM link, and with debug on I see the traffic trying to go down the
    ATM. However, neither side seems to receive anything from the other side.

    Can anyone with any experiencing linking a cisco to an AFC with ATM
    offer assistance?
     
    Matt, Jun 14, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Matt

    David West Guest

    Are you using RFC1483 bridging, PPPoA or PPPoE? Did you configure PVCs
    on the ATM link between the router and DSLAM?

    -DW

    Matt wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm trying to interface a Cisco Router with a 4 port ATM card (only
    > using port 1) with an AFC DSL interface. So far I have gotten the DSL
    > modems to come up (really outside the scope of this newsgroup), I can
    > send data out the DSL modem. I can also send data from the router down
    > the ATM link, and with debug on I see the traffic trying to go down the
    > ATM. However, neither side seems to receive anything from the other side.
    >
    > Can anyone with any experiencing linking a cisco to an AFC with ATM
    > offer assistance?
     
    David West, Jun 15, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Yes,
    We are using RFC1483 bridging.. and have configured the PVCs on the ATM
    link.

    David West wrote:
    > Are you using RFC1483 bridging, PPPoA or PPPoE? Did you configure PVCs
    > on the ATM link between the router and DSLAM?
    >
    > -DW
    >
    > Matt wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I'm trying to interface a Cisco Router with a 4 port ATM card (only
    >> using port 1) with an AFC DSL interface. So far I have gotten the
    >> DSL modems to come up (really outside the scope of this newsgroup), I
    >> can send data out the DSL modem. I can also send data from the
    >> router down the ATM link, and with debug on I see the traffic trying
    >> to go down the ATM. However, neither side seems to receive anything
    >> from the other side.
    >>
    >> Can anyone with any experiencing linking a cisco to an AFC with ATM
    >> offer assistance?
     
    Matt, Jun 16, 2005
    #3
  4. Matt

    David West Guest

    With bridging you have to set up bridge groups on the router, like:

    bridge irb
    bridge 1 protocol ieee
    int atm1/0.132 <-make a subinterface for each pvc
    pvc 1/32
    encap aal5snap
    bridge-group 1

    int bvi1
    ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
    ip helper-address ....



    Matt wrote:
    > Yes,
    > We are using RFC1483 bridging.. and have configured the PVCs on the ATM
    > link.
    >
    > David West wrote:
    >
    >> Are you using RFC1483 bridging, PPPoA or PPPoE? Did you configure PVCs
    >> on the ATM link between the router and DSLAM?
    >>
    >> -DW
    >>
    >> Matt wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I'm trying to interface a Cisco Router with a 4 port ATM card (only
    >>> using port 1) with an AFC DSL interface. So far I have gotten the
    >>> DSL modems to come up (really outside the scope of this newsgroup), I
    >>> can send data out the DSL modem. I can also send data from the
    >>> router down the ATM link, and with debug on I see the traffic trying
    >>> to go down the ATM. However, neither side seems to receive anything
    >>> from the other side.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone with any experiencing linking a cisco to an AFC with ATM
    >>> offer assistance?
     
    David West, Jun 16, 2005
    #4
  5. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Yup got that all setup.. I am sending ATM frames but not receiving any...

    OvalRouter01#show atm vc 4
    ATM1/0.4: VCD: 4, VPI: 11, VCI: 59
    UBR, PeakRate: 1000
    AAL5-LLC/SNAP, etype:0x0, Flags: 0xC20, VCmode: 0x0
    OAM frequency: 0 second(s)
    InARP frequency: 15 minutes(s)
    Transmit priority 4
    InPkts: 0, OutPkts: 17, InBytes: 0, OutBytes: 826
    InPRoc: 0, OutPRoc: 17
    InFast: 0, OutFast: 0, InAS: 0, OutAS: 0
    InPktDrops: 0, OutPktDrops: 0
    CrcErrors: 0, SarTimeOuts: 0, OverSizedSDUs: 0
    OAM cells received: 0
    OAM cells sent: 0
    Status: UP


    ATM1/0.4 is up, line protocol is up
    Hardware is ATM T1
    MTU 4470 bytes, BW 1500 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
    reliability 95/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation ATM
    0 packets input, 0 bytes
    81 packets output, 5463 bytes
    0 OAM cells input, 0 OAM cells output
    AAL5 CRC errors : 0
    AAL5 SAR Timeouts : 0
    AAL5 Oversized SDUs : 0


    If I put OAM management on it
    OvalRouter01#show atm vc 4
    ATM1/0.4: VCD: 4, VPI: 11, VCI: 59
    UBR, PeakRate: 1000
    AAL5-LLC/SNAP, etype:0x0, Flags: 0xC20, VCmode: 0x0
    OAM frequency: 10 second(s)
    InARP frequency: 15 minutes(s)
    Transmit priority 4
    InPkts: 0, OutPkts: 151, InBytes: 0, OutBytes: 9499
    InPRoc: 0, OutPRoc: 144
    InFast: 0, OutFast: 0, InAS: 0, OutAS: 0
    InPktDrops: 0, OutPktDrops: 0
    CrcErrors: 0, SarTimeOuts: 0, OverSizedSDUs: 0
    OAM cells received: 0
    OAM cells sent: 7
    Status: DOWN

    even though there is a modem on it!



    David West wrote:
    > With bridging you have to set up bridge groups on the router, like:
    >
    > bridge irb
    > bridge 1 protocol ieee
    > int atm1/0.132 <-make a subinterface for each pvc
    > pvc 1/32
    > encap aal5snap
    > bridge-group 1
    >
    > int bvi1
    > ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
    > ip helper-address ....
    >
    >
    >
    > Matt wrote:
    >
    >> Yes,
    >> We are using RFC1483 bridging.. and have configured the PVCs on the
    >> ATM link.
    >>
    >> David West wrote:
    >>
    >>> Are you using RFC1483 bridging, PPPoA or PPPoE? Did you configure
    >>> PVCs on the ATM link between the router and DSLAM?
    >>>
    >>> -DW
    >>>
    >>> Matt wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Hi,
    >>>> I'm trying to interface a Cisco Router with a 4 port ATM card (only
    >>>> using port 1) with an AFC DSL interface. So far I have gotten the
    >>>> DSL modems to come up (really outside the scope of this newsgroup),
    >>>> I can send data out the DSL modem. I can also send data from the
    >>>> router down the ATM link, and with debug on I see the traffic trying
    >>>> to go down the ATM. However, neither side seems to receive
    >>>> anything from the other side.
    >>>>
    >>>> Can anyone with any experiencing linking a cisco to an AFC with ATM
    >>>> offer assistance?
     
    Matt, Jun 16, 2005
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Matthew M. Gamble

    Cisco 6200 DSLAM Question

    Matthew M. Gamble, Nov 27, 2003, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    532
    Matthew M. Gamble
    Nov 27, 2003
  2. BikeZilla

    Help with a Cisco 6100 DSLAM

    BikeZilla, Aug 13, 2004, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    619
    BikeZilla
    Aug 13, 2004
  3. Joxelito

    show logging in DSLAM Cisco 6260

    Joxelito, May 12, 2005, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    2,029
    Loren Amelang
    May 13, 2005
  4. cisco DSLAM output

    , Nov 8, 2005, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    821
  5. Bimmer
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    4,206
    Bimmer
    Nov 8, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page