    website: www.fleetingglimpse.com
    biz: www.fleetingglimpse.net
    blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/fleetingglimpse/

    Celtic Boar, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Celtic Boar

    Canongirly Guest

    Canongirly, Aug 26, 2005

  3. Celtic Boar

    Celtic Boar Guest

    Solved.

    Polarity on the sync cable on my old Speedotron. Turn the plug around and
    she works like a champ.

    Celtic Boar, Aug 26, 2005
  4. In article <6UJPe.15487$>, Celtic Boar
    <> wrote:

    > I am very frustrated today.
    >
    > I went to use my 20D for the first time with my Speedotron Studio lights and
    > found that the PC cord loosley connects to the camera and cannot
    > consistantly fire twice in a row. The Canon manual tells me that it is
    > designed for a threaded connection.
    >
    > After searching the Minneapolis area, the best solution I can find is a Safe
    > Sync that mounts to the camera hotshoe. It doesn't fire the strobes either.
    >
    > How does everyone fire their strobes from a 20D?

    I'd check the trigger voltage and make sure it's not too high.

    Randall Ainsworth, Aug 26, 2005
  5. Celtic Boar

    Celtic Boar Guest

    Canon reports good to 250V.

    Power supply trigger voltage is 70 Volts. DC. Verified with a Fluke.

    The SafeSync trims it to 6 V.

    Celtic Boar, Aug 26, 2005
  6. "Celtic Boar" <> wrote in message
    > Solved.
    >
    > Polarity on the sync cable on my old Speedotron. Turn the plug around and
    > she works like a champ.

    Don't you just hate it when you go through all that frustration and it turns
    out to be something silly like that? ;-)

    --

    Rob

    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Aug 27, 2005
  7. In article <7LMPe.15568$>, Celtic Boar
    <> wrote:

    > Canon reports good to 250V.
    >
    > Power supply trigger voltage is 70 Volts. DC. Verified with a Fluke.
    >
    > The SafeSync trims it to 6 V.

    My ancient Photogenics have too high of voltage for my 10D and I
    haven't dug up the proper sync cord to hook them to my old Quantum
    radio slave.

    Randall Ainsworth, Aug 27, 2005