    advanced IP structure we'd be calling them free by now but seems not.

    cheers
    JS

    Johnathan Smith, Aug 22, 2005

  2. Johnathan Smith

    7 Guest

    Johnathan Smith wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there anywhere I can sign up to get a Hong Kong local number or even
    > better anywhere I can make free calls to hong kong? I thought having an
    > advanced IP structure we'd be calling them free by now but seems not.
    >
    > cheers
    > JS

    You need an account with a HK based VoIP service provider
    and make direct calls from here (jitter may be a problem on
    slow links - but frankly I have not experienced it to such
    advanced places as HK and US). Or get a VoIP service provider that
    has peering arrangements with others that have bases in HK.

    7, Aug 22, 2005

  3. Johnathan Smith

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:50:31 GMT, 7
    <> wrote:

    >Johnathan Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is there anywhere I can sign up to get a Hong Kong local number or even
    >> better anywhere I can make free calls to hong kong? I thought having an
    >> advanced IP structure we'd be calling them free by now but seems not.
    >>
    >> cheers
    >> JS

    >You need an account with a HK based VoIP service provider
    >and make direct calls from here (jitter may be a problem on
    >slow links - but frankly I have not experienced it to such
    >advanced places as HK and US). Or get a VoIP service provider that
    >has peering arrangements with others that have bases in HK.

    Are you aware of any such providers?

    I've searched before for a VoIP provider in Hong Kong who can provide
    me with a local number, but haven't been able to find one. Apparently
    there's not much consumer interest in VoIP there yet.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Aug 23, 2005
  4. Johnathan Smith

    Mark Adamson Guest

    "Johnathan Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there anywhere I can sign up to get a Hong Kong local number or even
    > better anywhere I can make free calls to hong kong? I thought having an
    > advanced IP structure we'd be calling them free by now but seems not.
    >
    > cheers
    > JS

    If it were just to call one or two people in HK, you could get them a UK
    number and a Sipura adaptor or something like that :)

    Mark

    Mark Adamson, Aug 23, 2005