    and, being a little dumb, I might end up picking up a "fake" DVD.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Lucas Tam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Mischa van Dinter <> wrote in
    news::

    > I like dddhouse.com.

    Thanks for the DDDhouse info. The prices seem pretty good - were the DVDs
    legit?

    Thanks!

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Lucas Tam

    Ray Tracer Guest

    Re: Hong Kong/Asian/Japanese DVDs? Where to Order (CanadianSource)

    in article , Mischa van Dinter at
    thus spake on 10/18/03 2:55 AM:

    > On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 06:15:11 GMT, Lucas Tam <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>

    >> Does anyone have a recommended store where I can order HK DVDs from?
    >> Preferably 'real' HK DVDs and not counterfeit.
    >>
    >> I guess I could goto Pacific Mall in Toronto, but parking is crazy there...
    >> and, being a little dumb, I might end up picking up a "fake" DVD.

    > I like dddhouse.com. They are cheap and respond well to email. I have
    > done business with coolashop.com as well, but I found their website to
    > be inaccurate and the person I had email contact with did not speak
    > english very well.
    >
    > Mischa

    At this point, it appears that the coolashop.com website isn't
    inaccurate....it's just gone. I hadn't heard of them and so tried the URL
    you mentioned and got this message in my browser:

    "PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT COOLASHOP HAS BEEN SUSPENDED SINCE 1ST JULY 2003.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE. CUSTOMERS WITH OUTSTANDING COOLACASH WILL
    RECEIVE A SEPARATE E-MAIL MESSAGE REGARDING THE REDEMPTION ARRANGEMENT. "

    FYI,
    Neal
    --
    "Is Graham Chapman really dead or is he just being difficult?" - Eric Idle

    Ray Tracer, Oct 18, 2003
  4. On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:31:53 GMT, Lucas Tam <>
    wrote:

    >Mischa van Dinter <> wrote in
    >
    >> I like dddhouse.com.

    >Thanks for the DDDhouse info. The prices seem pretty good - were the DVDs
    >legit?
    >
    >Thanks!

    Yes, DDDHouse is legit and so are the DVDs, all are official licensed
    Hong Kong releases. I have done business with them on several
    occasions and have not had any problems.

    Mischa

    Mischa van Dinter, Oct 18, 2003
  5. Lucas Tam

    Cernovog Guest

    In article <Xns941816E89732Anntprogerscom@140.99.99.130>,
    Lucas Tam <> wrote:

    > Does anyone have a recommended store where I can order HK DVDs from?
    > Preferably 'real' HK DVDs and not counterfeit.

    There's HK DVD Mart at http://www.hkdvdmart.com

    They're a real HK store in HK and they sell real DVDs. ^_^ I've been
    to their store on Nathan Road. Kewl!

    I buy my HK DVDs from http://www.dvdasian.com

    I like their selection and they have seperate categories for dvds
    from countries that are usually lumped together under "other".

    For DVDs in general, I like http://www.dvdsoon.com, they're a
    Canadian company.

    > I guess I could goto Pacific Mall in Toronto, but parking is crazy there...
    > and, being a little dumb, I might end up picking up a "fake" DVD.

    I loooove the Pacific Mall. When you go there, head next door to
    Market Village and stop at a place called Munch Bunch and get the mango
    ice cream! I never go to Toronto without stopping at Munch Bunch!

    There are a lot of bootleg places at Pacific Mall, but a lot of good
    stores that sell legit stuff. Usually, price is the dead giveaway. If
    it's a brand new release and it's only $8 CAN, it's probably boot.

    I wish I could name a few legit stores in the mall for you, but I
    know them by sight, not by name. :(

    Finally, I've never had a hard time parking at Pacific Mall. Now
    herding out of that gigantic parking lot shared by two malls and leaving
    out that one tiny exit... yeah, that's a little crazy. Build a couple
    more exits to the side streets people!

    Cernovog, Oct 19, 2003
  6. Lucas Tam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Cernovog <> wrote in news:5e00ab57c43d3fc09f7417f61ed96737
    @news.cyclonews.com:

    > I wish I could name a few legit stores in the mall for you, but I
    > know them by sight, not by name. :(

    Ha Ha, same... Pac Mall in Toronto is a maze. All the stores look the same!

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Oct 19, 2003