Honeywell Thermostat Question Re Filter Msg. ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Feb 9, 2007.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello,

    On in years now, and a lot of this is beyond me.

    Have a gas fired, hot air furnace.

    Last year they put in on of these really fancy, 7 day programmable Honeywell
    thermostats for it.
    Works fine.

    Every month or so, I replace the filter.

    The thermostat has just come up with a message to change the filter.

    Am I correcdt that this message is based purely on time elapsed, and that I
    never "reset" it at the
    time I changed the filter (don't know how to) ?

    In other words, it really does Not monitor the filter's condition at all,
    just elapsed time ?

    Right ?

    Thanks,
    B.

    Robert11, Feb 9, 2007

  2. Robert11

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 07:42:16 -0500, Robert11 Has Frothed:

    > Hello,
    >
    > On in years now, and a lot of this is beyond me.
    >
    > Have a gas fired, hot air furnace.
    >
    > Last year they put in on of these really fancy, 7 day programmable Honeywell
    > thermostats for it.
    > Works fine.
    >
    > Every month or so, I replace the filter.
    >
    > The thermostat has just come up with a message to change the filter.
    >
    > Am I correcdt that this message is based purely on time elapsed

    Yes.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Feb 9, 2007

  3. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    From OP: Oops, wrong group, but thanks for info. Re: Honeywell Thermostat Question Re Filter Msg. ?

    Robert11, Feb 9, 2007
  4. Robert11

    Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >On in years now, and a lot of this is beyond me.
    >
    >Have a gas fired, hot air furnace.
    >
    >Last year they put in on of these really fancy, 7 day programmable Honeywell
    >thermostats for it.
    >Works fine.
    >
    >Every month or so, I replace the filter.
    >
    >The thermostat has just come up with a message to change the filter.
    >
    >Am I correcdt that this message is based purely on time elapsed, and that I
    >never "reset" it at the
    >time I changed the filter (don't know how to) ?
    >
    >In other words, it really does Not monitor the filter's condition at all,
    >just elapsed time ?

    You would need an air pressure line before and after the filter to
    measure the DP (difference in Pressure) to check the filter condition.
    If you don't have this type of setup, it's on a timer.

    --
    1K Project
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

    , Feb 9, 2007
  5. Robert11

    Guest

    wrote:

    >You would need an air pressure line before and after the filter

    wrong wording...
    It's not a pressure line, just a tube before and after the filter with
    a measurement taken in between.