    cant you do the good old homepage.xtra thing as I do with IHUG?

    Cheers guys
    John

    John, Oct 13, 2003

  2. John

    Lennier Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:36:41 +1300, John wrote:

    > Hi
    > Can anyone cut the *rap on xtra help?
    > How do you setup your home page?
    > All my mate does is get asked if he has a passport and pointed at msn
    > groups..
    > Do you have to set up some group thing?
    > cant you do the good old homepage.xtra thing as I do with IHUG?

    Apparently not without getting a Micro$oft passport.

    I didn't want that crap and so haven't got an Xtra homepage.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Oct 13, 2003

  3. John

    Bret Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:36:41 +1300, John <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >Can anyone cut the *rap on xtra help?
    >How do you setup your home page?
    >All my mate does is get asked if he has a passport and pointed at msn
    >groups..
    >Do you have to set up some group thing?
    >cant you do the good old homepage.xtra thing as I do with IHUG?

    No if you don't want a pa$$port you get nothing.

    Bret, Oct 13, 2003
  4. John

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Can anyone cut the *rap on xtra help?
    > How do you setup your home page?
    > All my mate does is get asked if he has a passport and pointed at msn
    > groups..
    > Do you have to set up some group thing?
    > cant you do the good old homepage.xtra thing as I do with IHUG?
    >
    > Cheers guys
    > John

    Hi John.

    Here's some corespondance I had just the other day with Xtra over this
    issue. I used to have one of their old home-pages and wanted to access stuff
    I had on it, scanned family pics I don't have any more but.......

    "Thank you for emailing Xtra yesterday in relation to personal Web pages.

    As of 30 September 2001 the personal Web pages service was stopped. In
    accordance to our Terms and Conditions an email was sent out to all those
    that had this service advising them of the change of service. The email
    also suggested that those wishing to have a personal Web page, look at using
    MSN Communities.

    The information stored on your personal Web page is no longer available. If
    you wish you can create another home page using MSN Communities. They are
    easy to create using ready made templates and they're free. To find out
    more, please visit the following Web page:

    http://communities.xtramsn.co.nz/home"

    The upshot is, they no longer have server-space for their residential
    customers. All the old home-pages were deleted and now you have to sign your
    life away with Uncle Bill (get an MSN passport) to get an 'xtra' service.

    I didn't get the email about them discontinuing the service as I was
    elsewhere at the time and didn't have internet access. I had someone who was
    printing out my emails and posting them to me but I told them to ignore the
    weekly xtra blurb and it must have been overlooked, mistaken for one of
    their annoying weekly spam emails.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Oct 13, 2003
  5. John

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <>,
    John <> wrote:

    > Hi
    > Can anyone cut the *rap on xtra help?
    > How do you setup your home page?
    > All my mate does is get asked if he has a passport and pointed at msn
    > groups..
    > Do you have to set up some group thing?
    > cant you do the good old homepage.xtra thing as I do with IHUG?

    My advice would be to go to Orcon and take advantage of their free
    lifetime web hosting. You don't have to join them so your mate can stay
    with Xtra and they give you a 'yourname.orcon.net.nz'. Sound like it
    will do the job?
    http://www.orcon.net.nz/

    --
    madknoxie

    madknoxie, Oct 13, 2003
  6. John

    T.N.O. Guest

    "madknoxie" wrote
    > My advice would be to go to Orcon and take advantage of their free
    > lifetime web hosting.

    They took my one down... and I have re-checked the T&C's and I wasn't
    breaching them at all... just using it for online storage.

    T.N.O., Oct 13, 2003
  7. madknoxie wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > John <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Can anyone cut the *rap on xtra help?
    >> How do you setup your home page?
    >> All my mate does is get asked if he has a passport and pointed at msn
    >> groups..
    >> Do you have to set up some group thing?
    >> cant you do the good old homepage.xtra thing as I do with IHUG?

    > My advice would be to go to Orcon and take advantage of their free
    > lifetime web hosting. You don't have to join them so your mate can
    > stay with Xtra and they give you a 'yourname.orcon.net.nz'. Sound
    > like it will do the job?
    > http://www.orcon.net.nz/

    or buy your domain name from iVision.
    they're great!!!!!

    Russell
    (new iVision customer hoping for a discount)
    :)

    Russell Smithies, Oct 13, 2003
  8. John

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > "madknoxie" wrote
    > > My advice would be to go to Orcon and take advantage of their free
    > > lifetime web hosting.

    > They took my one down... and I have re-checked the T&C's and I wasn't
    > breaching them at all... just using it for online storage.

    True? I have a free account with Orcon (as, if I change from Xtra as my ISP,
    I intended to go to Orcon) and was thinking about using the web space. Did
    they give you a reason for taking it down? And here was me thinking Orcon
    was an awesome company and recommending them to people.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Oct 14, 2003
  9. John

    T.N.O. Guest

    "~misfit~" wrote
    > > They took my one down... and I have re-checked the T&C's and I wasn't
    > > breaching them at all... just using it for online storage.

    > True? I have a free account with Orcon (as, if I change from Xtra as my

    ISP,
    > I intended to go to Orcon) and was thinking about using the web space. Did
    > they give you a reason for taking it down? And here was me thinking Orcon
    > was an awesome company and recommending them to people.

    nope, no reason... mind you, they probably emailed me on the free orcon
    address, which I never used/checked...

    heh, just checked the one I have used since the first one got shut down, and
    there are 36 spam there... odd.

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  10. John

    T.N.O. Guest

    "T.N.O." wrote
    > heh, just checked the one I have used since the first one got shut down,

    and
    > there are 36 spam there... odd.

    actually screw them, I just tried that domain too, and it is gone too,
    wankers.

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  11. John

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > "T.N.O." wrote
    > > heh, just checked the one I have used since the first one got shut down,

    > and
    > > there are 36 spam there... odd.

    > actually screw them, I just tried that domain too, and it is gone too,
    > wankers.

    I've never used mine. Been planning to. Hmmm.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Oct 14, 2003
  12. John

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <PWEib.177553$>,
    "Russell Smithies" <> wrote:

    > madknoxie wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > John <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi
    > >> Can anyone cut the *rap on xtra help?
    > >> How do you setup your home page?
    > >> All my mate does is get asked if he has a passport and pointed at msn
    > >> groups..
    > >> Do you have to set up some group thing?
    > >> cant you do the good old homepage.xtra thing as I do with IHUG?

    > > My advice would be to go to Orcon and take advantage of their free
    > > lifetime web hosting. You don't have to join them so your mate can
    > > stay with Xtra and they give you a 'yourname.orcon.net.nz'. Sound
    > > like it will do the job?
    > > http://www.orcon.net.nz/

    > or buy your domain name from iVision.
    > they're great!!!!!
    >

    > Russell
    > (new iVision customer hoping for a discount)
    > :)

    LOL, I have to give you points for trying :)

    --
    madknoxie

    madknoxie, Oct 14, 2003