    typing it in, it keeps resorting back to the same search site.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Jamie, May 15, 2004

  2. Jamie

    el duderino Guest

    I think it has been hi-jacked. Run 'AdAware' (from
    http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=b
    utton ) and 'Spybot - Search & Destroy' (from
    http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download ) then reset it to
    your own choice. Both programs free by the way :)

    "Jamie" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > For some reason my Homepage in tools Internet options has been reset to
    > about:blank, When I click on Internet explorer now it brings up some

    search
    > site with only about:blank in the address bar. The problem is I cannot

    reset
    > this to my regular homepage, even after clicking on default then apply or

    by

    el duderino, May 15, 2004

  3. Jamie

    Boomer Guest

    "Jamie" <> did say:

    > Hi
    >
    > For some reason my Homepage in tools Internet options has been
    > reset to about:blank, When I click on Internet explorer now it
    > brings up some search site with only about:blank in the address
    > bar. The problem is I cannot reset this to my regular homepage,
    > even after clicking on default then apply or by typing it in, it
    > keeps resorting back to the same search site.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi

    Ad-aware Aims at Adware/Spyware.
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotS&D Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    CoolWebShredder

    HijackThis
    http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.
    'Spyware Warrior'
    http://www.netrn.net/spywareblog/

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    ~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    ~Other software~
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
    alt.comp.anti-virus

    Also serach Google and Googles archive for more information.

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html
    Boomer, May 15, 2004