    Is there anything fun that can be downloaded and burnt to cd or dvd to run
    on an unmodified Playstation 2?

    Would be nice if I could dump my mame roms onto a dvd and run Mame for Ps2?
    Craig Sutton, Feb 2, 2007

  2. Craig Sutton

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <epv37f$63k$>,
    says...
    > Is there anything fun that can be downloaded and burnt to cd or dvd to run
    > on an unmodified Playstation 2?
    >
    > Would be nice if I could dump my mame roms onto a dvd and run Mame for Ps2?

    Hi Craig

    I dunno if I am correct but I *think* there are some kind of softmod
    much like the xbox ones you can do. I only know cos I was asked by a ps2
    owner about it when he saw all mods on our xboxs. While there were tons
    of modchips and addon hdd mods there were a couple of mods that didn't
    involve opening the box. I never took alot of notice but remember they
    were at some of the bigger sites that are game related. Maybe afterdawn
    would be a good starting point. I do know on some of the bigger sites I
    visit there are alot of ps2 related stuff but I usually bypass it in
    favour of xbox stuff. Try googling ps2 softmod or similar maybe ? Seems
    there are a few. Watch the wrap.

    http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8
    &rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-39,GGGL:en&q=ps2+softmod

    HTH
    Bazz
    bAZZ, Feb 2, 2007