    adhesive after use that doesn't disolve the screen, etc.

    Thank you,

    Claus
    Claus Jensen, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Claus Jensen

    bob Guest

    Claus Jensen wrote:
    > I can't find a ready-made snap-on LCD protector for my camera.
    >
    > Can I use some type of inexpensive plastic film made for another
    > purpose? Something that can peel off without leaving a residue.
    >
    > Preferably not some overpriced thing sold in camera stores.
    >
    > Or how about clear mylar packing tape and some safe way to remove the
    > adhesive after use that doesn't disolve the screen, etc.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Claus

    At Bestbuy they sell a clear plastic film for the purpose of covering an
    LCD. It's similar to that film they put on shiny plastic parts to
    protect them in shipping. It's in the camera department. Maybe $10 for
    10 sheets.

    Bob
    bob, Feb 11, 2005

  3. Claus Jensen

    Sheldon Guest

    Maybe you can modify the one that comes with a D70. They are under $10.

    Sheldon, Feb 11, 2005
  4. Claus Jensen

    Jack Rosier Guest

    The screen protectors sold for PDA's could be cut down for use.

    Jack Rosier, Feb 12, 2005
  5. Check with B&H Photo they have several in their on line catalog.

    I'm looking for one just now as well.

    Bullwinkle. J. Moose, Feb 12, 2005
  6. On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 07:03:33 +1100, Claus Jensen
    <> wrote:

    >I can't find a ready-made snap-on LCD protector for my camera.
    >
    >Can I use some type of inexpensive plastic film made for another
    >purpose? Something that can peel off without leaving a residue.
    >
    >Preferably not some overpriced thing sold in camera stores.
    >
    >Or how about clear mylar packing tape and some safe way to remove the
    >adhesive after use that doesn't disolve the screen, etc.
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >Claus

    Last week I bought a product made by Optex, "LCD Screen Protector for
    Digital Cameras".

    The package included 3 - 3"x4" sheets of paper backed micro film that
    can be cut to size that will total 12 LCD protectors. 4 small lint
    free anti-static cleaning wipes in foil packs, 2 wet—isopropyl
    alcohol—and 2 dry. 1 - 1"x3" squeegee card made from the same glossy
    finished cardboard as used in the packaging.

    After two very careful tries following the instructions to the letter
    I gave up.

    Think of it. Peeling the backing off a small piece of sticky plastic
    film while trying to unroll it across an LCD screen is very awkward to
    say the lest. Even the line-drawing on back of the package is
    incorrect and can't show how it's supposed to be done.

    While trying to apply them perfectly straight they bubble, they
    crease, specs of dust get under them no matter how well you prepared
    your screen. And that mess doesn't sqeegee out.

    The packaging also claims they reduce glare and enhance the image. Not
    good enough for me.

    A few months ago somebody replied to the same question and said that
    the camera is a tool, don't worry about it, use it.

    That sound advice was discarded when I saw this product in my local
    camera store. It looked like a good idea to me at the time. IMHO a
    waste of money. _DuH_!

    .... Before sending this I gave it another try. Again the inevitable
    small bubbles couldn't be removed and this time the cardboard sqeegee
    scratched the plastic film...

    You may have better luck.

    Hap
    Hap Shaughnessy, Feb 12, 2005
  7. Claus Jensen

    Ron Guest

    Try the little kit sold at Radio Shack. Once you learn to cut the
    sheets to size and apply them without bubbling (pretty easy to do both)
    I think you'll find this a good solution. I've had them stay on my Olys
    for months at a time. I would avoid any product that is not made
    specifically for PDA's or digital cameras.
    Ron, Feb 12, 2005
  8. Claus Jensen

    Marvin Guest

    Get a protector from www.daproducts.com. They are far better than the thin films.
    Marvin, Feb 12, 2005
  9. Claus Jensen

    Sheldon Guest

    "Jack Rosier" <> wrote in message
    > The screen protectors sold for PDA's could be cut down for use.

    Most of those have a textured surface. Great for "writing" on, but not so
    good for seeing through.

    Sheldon, Feb 12, 2005
  10. Claus Jensen

    Frank Vuotto Guest

    >Claus Jensen wrote:
    >> I can't find a ready-made snap-on LCD protector for my camera.

    cut a PDA protector to size ?

    Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
    @/
    Frank Vuotto, Feb 12, 2005