    Thanks for the help.

    PK
    A+, Network+

    Paul Kersey, Aug 22, 2004

  2. "Paul Kersey" <Paul > wrote in message
    > Suspect my power supply is going bad. If I click on "shut down" the system
    > reboots. Same with "stand-by". Recently added a DVD burner. Reason I

    suspect
    > the PS is the fan on it stopped working for a time. Cleaned fan and it
    > started to turn again.
    > One other thing the system will shut down if it is in "safe mode".
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    > PK
    > A+, Network+

    Check your Power management settings

    Tamar Solutions, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Paul Kersey

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Aug 22, 2004 "Paul Kersey" blathered:

    > One other thing the system will shut down if it is in "safe mode".

    This would indicate that it is probably not your power supply. I could be
    that a bad driver or something is causing a stop error at shut down. Go to
    Startup and Recovery in System Properties and uncheck Automatically reboot.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Aug 22, 2004