    What are some good ways to access audio files stored on a NAS or PC from a
    home entertainment system? I know there are routers and such to support this
    but they all have pros/cons- I'm looking for real world experience. Thanks-

    Om_Audio, Nov 16, 2005

  2. Om_Audio wrote:
    > What are some good ways to access audio files stored on a NAS or PC from a
    > home entertainment system? I know there are routers and such to support this
    > but they all have pros/cons- I'm looking for real world experience. Thanks-

    Burn the MP3s to CDR and play it in the home theatre. Or run a cable
    from the computer sound card's "line out" to the home theatre's "line
    in" jacks.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Om_Audio wrote:
    > > What are some good ways to access audio files stored on a NAS or PC from a
    > > home entertainment system? I know there are routers and such to support this
    > > but they all have pros/cons- I'm looking for real world experience. Thanks-

    > Burn the MP3s to CDR and play it in the home theatre. Or run a cable
    > from the computer sound card's "line out" to the home theatre's "line
    > in" jacks.

    Repeating, OP ...

    ' What are some good ways to access audio files stored on a NAS or PC
    from a
    home entertainment system? I know there are routers and such to support
    this
    but they all have pros/cons- I'm looking for real world experience.
    Thanks- '

    I am an audio(phile/fool) ...

    1) I would like a nice clean digital signal out to feed the DAC.
    2) Full featured jukebox management program ...

    Any other suggestions?

    RL

    Raving Loonie, Nov 17, 2005