    have tried can operate all of the above items except the RD-XS32 DVD
    Recorder. Can any one recommend a Home Theater remote control capable of
    operating the Toshiba's RD-XS32

    Charles Rabinowitz, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Charles Rabinowitz

    Guest

    Have you looked at Logitech Harmony? Programming is downloaded through
    a USB port.

    Charles Rabinowitz wrote:
    > I am looking to purchase a
    > Home Theater remote control that is capable of operating Toshiba's

    RD-XS32
    > DVD Recorder as well as an RCA Receiver/Amplifier,A Sony 27" T.V.,

    and a
    > Motorola Digital Cable Box. All of the Home Theater remote controls

    that I
    > have tried can operate all of the above items except the RD-XS32 DVD
    > Recorder. Can any one recommend a Home Theater remote control capable

    of
    > operating the Toshiba's RD-XS32

    , Dec 17, 2004

  3. Charles Rabinowitz

    George Guest

    My review (and about 400 others) of the Home Theatre Master MX500 is here
    http://www.remotecentral.com/ureview/41.htm

    Reviews of many other remotes can be found on the remote central home page.

    If you can afford it, the MX500 is unbeatable (except by the MX700). I've
    had mine for 6 months and it replaced six other remotes with enough space
    left to replace four more. I love it and will never have to buy another
    remote. As far as I know there is no remote that it can't replace. Not cheap
    though. It costs more than most DVD players.

    George

    George, Dec 17, 2004
  4. Charles Rabinowitz

    fredman Guest

    On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 02:47:54 GMT, "Charles Rabinowitz"
    <> wrote:

    >I am looking to purchase a
    >Home Theater remote control that is capable of operating Toshiba's RD-XS32
    >DVD Recorder as well as an RCA Receiver/Amplifier,A Sony 27" T.V., and a
    >Motorola Digital Cable Box. All of the Home Theater remote controls that I
    >have tried can operate all of the above items except the RD-XS32 DVD
    >Recorder. Can any one recommend a Home Theater remote control capable of
    >operating the Toshiba's RD-XS32

    You need a controller that accepts both manufacturer codes and
    individual learning to capture all the controls for unique devices.
    The codes get you all the basic device commands and then you can
    'teach' the controller the rest to custom buttons. There are a number
    of them on the market. I use a Sony AV-3000 (although I have mostly
    Sony stuff) and it has replaced ALL my remotes because of the above
    features. Good luck.

    fredman, Dec 18, 2004