    through the projector but its a bit jerky.
    How does one connect normal tv through it . Highly
    recommended.
    Habshi, Dec 21, 2003

  2. >How does one connect normal tv through it . Highly
    >recommended.

    Take a Hi-Fi stereo VCR or digital cable box and connect it to the projector
    via the A/V connections. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Habshi

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Habshi wrote:
    > Connecting a home DVD player to a Phillips projector costing
    > about $1500 gives remarkably large cinema type pictures in the home .
    > The picture quality and brightness is even better than plasma screen
    > and its flatter unlike the former which is three inches deep . About
    > 60 inches is extremely good , a plasma screen would cost over $10,000.
    > However I believe the bulb needs replacing every 1000 hours and I dont
    > know what that costs .

    I don't know about the Phillips specifically, but for most projectors
    the bulbs run from 2 to 3 hundred dollars (sticker)

    dick
    Dick Sidbury, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Habshi

    Habshi Guest

    Saw the superb fabulous movie 'Jhanak jhanak payal baje' about
    $15 from indiaplaza.com and has English subtitles , certainly the best
    dance movie in any language of all time . Have seen it about ten times
    on the TV but was amazed to find how many scenes seemed new on the big
    screen of over 60 inches . This is one movie all humans should watch
    .. Mostly Hindu mythology of Hindu gods and godesses -Krishna , Radha ;
    Shiva Parvati dances and the Menaka dances which ruins the prayers of
    Vishi .
    Maybe the fact that you have to have all lights off means that
    one concentrates more with a screen projector than with plasma or big
    screen tv.
    Habshi, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Habshi

    Habshi Guest

    I think this is the one I have. The laptop connection gives
    jerky results but the dvd svideo connection is perfect . Koi mil gaya
    is an extraordinary delight .I now have to figure out how to directly
    connect my sky box . Take your favourite dvd and try it out at a local
    electronic store . I suppose one should attach the small projector to
    the roof . One interesting thing is that since one cant adjust the
    color , what you see on the screen is the way it was shot .

    http://www.d8a.co.uk/best-prices/projectors.php

    PHILIPS BCLEVER PROJECTOR SVGA 1100ANSI

    PHILIPS BCLEVER PROJECTOR SVGA 1100ANSI
    £881.24 best price from Micro Warehouse

    Bright and ultra silent The bClever ingeniously combines an ultra-low
    noise level with a very bright picture. This feature, known as
    SmartOptimum, means you don't have to choose between maximum
    brightness or quiet operation - you get both at the same time
    You don't have to be any kind of technology expert to set up or use
    the bClever. Plug & play connectivity and automatic source selection
    makes it smoothly compatible with video, PCs, laptops, DVD - and more.
    SourceCheck will give you the confirmation by LED indication that the
    input is recognized by the projector. Helpful on-screen menus simplify
    the altering of settings, and a wide digital zoom range means you can
    highlight key information easily.

    The bClever is a sound investment that repeatedly proves its value,
    lesson after lesson. This can be seen in its extremely long lamp life
    of 6, 000 hours, which is further optimized by the SmartSave feature
    that automatically turns the lamp off when not in use.
    Habshi, Dec 23, 2003