  1. Will I be able to update Vista Ultimate with the Win 7 Home Premium or will
    I need to do a clean install. I was hoping to just update it and use it for
    a few weeks learning the in's and out's of it and then do the clean install.

    David B. Mathews, Jul 10, 2009

  2. David B. Mathews

    Jane C Guest

    David B. Mathews wrote:
    > Will I be able to update Vista Ultimate with the Win 7 Home Premium or
    > will I need to do a clean install. I was hoping to just update it and
    > use it for a few weeks learning the in's and out's of it and then do the
    > clean install.

    That would be a clean install scenario as going from Ultimate to Home
    Premium is considered a downgrade.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2007-2009

    Jane C, Jul 10, 2009

  3. David B. Mathews

    Jerry Guest

    Windows 7 forums:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

    Jerry, Jul 10, 2009
  4. So the only way to upgrade would be to buy Windows 7 Ult. Professional
    won't do the trick?

    David B. Mathews, Jul 12, 2009