    issue but I thought I'd at least ask for opinions .
    TIA ,
    D.
    D., Mar 11, 2009

  2. D. wrote:
    > when I open firefox to my home page ( excite ) ,
    > there is a slide bar on the bottom of the page
    > which when moved to the right shows
    > approximately 30 % of the page blank .
    > is there a way to make the whole
    > page fit on the screen and eliminate the
    > slide bar ?
    > I'm thinking that it may be a homepage
    > issue but I thought I'd at least ask for opinions .
    > TIA ,
    > D.

    I see what you mean. My customized page, which I have not looked at in
    a long time, does the same thing. Everything displays fine, but there
    is a horizontal scroll.

    If this is a problem, you might have a look at my.myway.com. Their
    customizable start pages have the same features as excite, but are add free.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 11, 2009

  3. D.

    D. Guest

    thanks for the reply .
    i'll check out " my way " .
    D.

    D., Mar 11, 2009
  4. D.

    D. Guest

    hello Leonidas ,
    what a great page , thank you so much .
    it's just what i was looking for .

    D., Mar 11, 2009
  5. D. wrote:
    > hello Leonidas ,
    > what a great page , thank you so much .
    > it's just what i was looking for .
    > D.
    >

    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> D. wrote:
    >>> when I open firefox to my home page ( excite ) ,
    >>> there is a slide bar on the bottom of the page
    >>> which when moved to the right shows
    >>> approximately 30 % of the page blank .
    >>> is there a way to make the whole
    >>> page fit on the screen and eliminate the
    >>> slide bar ?
    >>> I'm thinking that it may be a homepage
    >>> issue but I thought I'd at least ask for opinions .
    >>> TIA ,
    >>> D.
    >>>

    >> I see what you mean. My customized page, which I have not looked at in a
    >> long time, does the same thing. Everything displays fine, but there is a
    >> horizontal scroll.
    >>
    >> If this is a problem, you might have a look at my.myway.com. Their
    >> customizable start pages have the same features as excite, but are add
    >> free.
    >>
    >> Lee

    I am so glad it is working for you!

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 11, 2009
  6. D.

    D. Guest

    hello again ,
    is there a way to set this so that my " custom "
    settings " show up when i open firefox ?

    D., Mar 11, 2009