    No matter what I do (I have reset my home page back to my original) but
    when I reboot the Best Search Engine shows up again as my home page.
    How do I get rid of it?????

    vb, Feb 7, 2004

  2. vb

    Will Dormann Guest

    vb wrote:
    > My normal Home Page has been taken over by Best Search Engine:
    > http://gkicp.info/index.php?aid=227
    >

    > No matter what I do (I have reset my home page back to my original) but
    > when I reboot the Best Search Engine shows up again as my home page.
    > How do I get rid of it?????

    Run ad-aware and spybot.

    -WD

    Will Dormann, Feb 7, 2004

  3. vb

    johns Guest

    > Run ad-aware and spybot.

    Won't work. Neither program gets the dropper.
    Why don't they fix that?

    johns

    johns, Feb 9, 2004
  4. vb

    Rick Rowe Guest

    You have been ' hijacked '.
    Do a google on hijack and the home page.
    You need a special spybot and adaware progs.
    Your registry is your biggest problem.
    FYI, Rick

    Rick Rowe, Feb 10, 2004
  5. vb

    vb Guest

    Thanks, i'll try that

    V.B.

    vb, Feb 14, 2004
  6. vb

    Unknown Guest

    Also check for odd programs listed in add/remove programs. Something similar
    happened to a coworker and the problem "program" was actually listed in her
    programs list, complete with an uninstall option. No problems since removing
    it.

    Unknown, Feb 14, 2004
  7. vb

    Unknown Guest

    It seemed there was a freeware or utlitity of some sort that takes care of
    this too. I did a quick search and came across this
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html but haven't used it myself. It
    may get you going in the right direction at least.

    Unknown, Feb 14, 2004
  8. vb

    vb Guest

    Unknown, thanks!