    But as soon as Press Home, or I close down the web page, it reverts back to
    : -http://www.msn.com/ as though a default button is ticked, some where. But
    where?

    uker, Oct 14, 2005

  2. uker

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:34:37 +0000 (UTC), "uker" <> wrote:

    >How to change my home page?
    >
    >I've done all this: -
    >
    > a.. Select "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
    > b.. Select "Internet Options."
    > c.. Click the "General" tab.
    > d.. In the "Home page" area, type www.webpage.com or simular into the
    >"Address" box.
    > e.. Click "OK."
    >But as soon as Press Home, or I close down the web page, it reverts back to
    >: -http://www.msn.com/ as though a default button is ticked, some where. But
    >where?

    So you go back and it's set back at msn.com?

    Ran a spyware / anti-virus recently?

    Evan Platt, Oct 14, 2005

  3. uker

    ~ray Guest

    On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:34:37 +0000 (UTC), "uker" <> wrote:

    >How to change my home page?
    >
    >I've done all this: -
    >
    > a.. Select "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
    > b.. Select "Internet Options."
    > c.. Click the "General" tab.
    > d.. In the "Home page" area, type www.webpage.com or simular into the
    >"Address" box.
    > e.. Click "OK."
    >But as soon as Press Home, or I close down the web page, it reverts back to
    >: -http://www.msn.com/ as though a default button is ticked, some where. But
    >where?

    assuming you are using IE, get your homepage loaded, go into ' options
    and select 'use current'

    ~ray

    ~ray, Oct 14, 2005
  4. uker wrote:

    > How to change my home page?
    >
    > I've done all this: -
    >
    > a.. Select "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
    > b.. Select "Internet Options."
    > c.. Click the "General" tab.
    > d.. In the "Home page" area, type www.webpage.com or simular
    > into the
    > "Address" box.
    > e.. Click "OK."
    > But as soon as Press Home, or I close down the web page, it
    > reverts back to
    >: -http://www.msn.com/ as though a default button is ticked, some
    >: where. But where?

    Microsoft Knows What's Best For You. Don't change anything. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 14, 2005
  5. uker

    uker Guest

    > How to change my home page?
    >
    > I've done all this: -
    >
    > a.. Select "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
    > b.. Select "Internet Options."
    > c.. Click the "General" tab.
    > d.. In the "Home page" area, type www.webpage.com or simular into the
    > "Address" box.
    > e.. Click "OK."
    > But as soon as Press Home, or I close down the web page, it reverts back
    > to : -http://www.msn.com/ as though a default button is ticked, some
    > where. But where

    I found out what was wrong. My recently downloaded Panicware Popup stopper
    had a tick in a box stopping the change of home page.

    http://www.panicware.com/?tag=PSAS

    So thank you, to those who did try to help.

    uker, Oct 15, 2005
  6. uker

    Ron Martell Guest

    "uker" <> wrote:

    >I found out what was wrong. My recently downloaded Panicware Popup stopper
    >had a tick in a box stopping the change of home page.
    >
    >http://www.panicware.com/?tag=PSAS
    >
    >So thank you, to those who did try to help.

    And it doen't provide you with any information about what it has done?
    Sounds like shoddy programming to me.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP