    my homepage keeps changing to another I change it but after a while it
    changes.Can anyone tell me how to stop it.

    Thanks in advance
    peiper, Oct 4, 2003

  2. "peiper" <> wrote in message
    news:blmrki$rcv$...
    > Hi
    >
    > my homepage keeps changing to another I change it but after a while it
    > changes.Can anyone tell me how to stop it.
    >

    > Thanks in advance

    What does it change too ?
    Sounds like some sort of Spyware/hijacker is on your PC
    Try Adaware from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
    Steven Pilbeam, Oct 4, 2003

  3. peiper

    Harrison Guest

    Download, install, update, and run the following programs.

    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

    They will find the problem in most cases and remove it for you.

    Harrison, Oct 4, 2003
  4. peiper

    peiper Guest

    ok thanks I'll try them

    peiper, Oct 4, 2003
  5. peiper

    Buffalo Guest

    MS critical updates just put out a 'patch' for that very problem.Go to the
    critical update page.
    The spyware programs listed earlier are excellent.
    You could also try Hijack this.
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
    I would clean up the problem BEFORE downloading the latest MS critical
    update.
    Close out of all running programs except for Explorer and Systray (esp close
    you antivirus program) before installing the latest MS Critical Update.

    Buffalo, Oct 4, 2003