  1. Lwags

    Lwags Guest

    I use excite as my home page but cannot login with netscape or firefox. Get message that I browser settings are configured to disable cookies and/or javascript. Both are allowed. Had run a spyware program some time in the past and did not allow since then. But have cleaned system of the spyware program using RegOrganizer. Still can't get in. Anyone? Excite ignores me.
    Lwags, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Lwags wrote:
    > I use excite as my home page but cannot login with netscape or firefox. Get message that I browser settings are configured to disable cookies and/or javascript. Both are allowed. Had run a spyware program some time in the past and did not allow since then. But have cleaned system of the spyware program using RegOrganizer. Still can't get in. Anyone? Excite ignores me.

    Darn it , there was something, and I just can't quite remember.

    Well, try the basic stuff. Clear the cache, clear the history. Go into
    Cookie Manager and delete all cookies relating to Excite. Ensure that
    javascript is enabled, and cookies are fully enabled, and try again.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Lwags

    Lwags Guest

    Yes there is something and I cannot remember what it is.

    Did what you suggested.

    Same results.

    Lwags, Feb 5, 2005
  4. Lwags wrote:
    > Yes there is something and I cannot remember what it is.
    >
    > Did what you suggested.
    >
    > Same results.
    >

    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Lwags wrote:
    >>
    >>>I use excite as my home page but cannot login with netscape or firefox.
    >>>Get message that I browser settings are configured to disable cookies
    >>>and/or javascript. Both are allowed. Had run a spyware program some
    >>>time in the past and did not allow since then. But have cleaned system
    >>>of the spyware program using RegOrganizer. Still can't get in. Anyone?
    >>>Excite ignores me.

    >>Darn it , there was something, and I just can't quite remember.
    >>
    >>Well, try the basic stuff. Clear the cache, clear the history. Go into
    >>Cookie Manager and delete all cookies relating to Excite. Ensure that
    >>javascript is enabled, and cookies are fully enabled, and try again.
    >>
    >>Lee

    Darn, I even remember the "DOH" when I found the answer, but I don't
    remember the answer!!! GRR

    The only way I can make myExcite behave like that is to disable js or
    cookies.

    I'll suggest a workaround. Take a look at http://my.myway.com

    It has all the features Excite has, minus the ads. Of course you will
    have to set the page up again, but when you do, its completely ad free!

    Really!

    You may never bother with Excite again.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 5, 2005
  5. Lwags

    Lwags Guest

    I'll take a look at it. Looks interesting at first glance.

    Lwags, Feb 5, 2005
  6. Lwags

    Lwags Guest

    Hey! Myway is just like Excite without the advertisements. Thanks, and
    goodby Excite!

    Lwags, Feb 5, 2005
  7. Lwags

    Gregg Guest

    Lwags wrote:
    > Hey! Myway is just like Excite without the advertisements. Thanks, and
    > goodby Excite!
    > "Lwags" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'll take a look at it. Looks interesting at first glance.
    >>
    >>"Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message

    >>>Darn, I even remember the "DOH" when I found the answer, but I don't
    >>>remember the answer!!! GRR
    >>>
    >>>The only way I can make myExcite behave like that is to disable js or
    >>>cookies.
    >>>
    >>>I'll suggest a workaround. Take a look at http://my.myway.com
    >>>
    >>>It has all the features Excite has, minus the ads. Of course you will
    >>>have to set the page up again, but when you do, its completely ad free!
    >>>
    >>>Really!
    >>>
    >>>You may never bother with Excite again.
    >>>
    >>>Lee

    I signed up too and spent a good part of the early morning customizing
    it. Nice home page.

    Gregg
    Gregg, Feb 5, 2005