    reopen it it returns to http://mysearchnow.com/ instead
    How can I get rid of this -it's a useless page and very irritating?
    TIA
    Alan, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Alan

    Steven Burn Guest

    Spybot Search & Destroy (freeware)
    http://security.kolla.de/index.php?lang=en&page=download

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoft.com

    Spyware Blaster
    http://www.it-mate.co.uk/main_content/security.asp#spywareblaster

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group CEO
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Alan

    Boomer Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in

    > My homepage has been set to http://mysearchnow.com/
    > I've tried changing it to me preferred page in the usual way
    > (tools/options/home page/use current) but when I close MS explorer
    > and reopen it it returns to http://mysearchnow.com/ instead
    > How can I get rid of this -it's a useless page and very
    > irritating? TIA

    Hi

    Your homepage may have been hijacked.

    Try this program:
    HijackThis
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/

    And you might want to fix your clock/time zone. You are posting from
    the past.
    Boomer, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Alan

    Steven Burn Guest

    His posting date/time looks like here (14-11-03 22:33) .....?

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group CEO
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Nov 5, 2003
  5. Alan

    Boomer Guest

    "Steven Burn" <ceo@PVT_it-mate.co.uk> wrote in

    > His posting date/time looks like here (14-11-03 22:33) .....?

    [snip broken sig]

    Per his comuter settings:
    Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:33:17 -0000

    Per his ISP (see headers)
    05 Nov 2003 18:27:05 GMT

    Boomer, Nov 5, 2003
  6. Alan

    trollster Guest

    looks like a hijacking program. run adware.

    --
    Where I made a webpage and no body came....
    http://www.digitalwarlords.com/phpBB2/

    trollster, Nov 5, 2003
  7. Alan

    Boomer Guest

    "trollster" <> wrote in

    > looks like a hijacking program. run adware.

    Why tell me?

    I have suggest this program to Alan.

    [snip]

    Boomer, Nov 5, 2003
  8. Alan

    trollster Guest

    I thought that you would care.

    trollster, Nov 5, 2003
  9. Alan

    Boomer Guest

    "trollster" <> wrote in

    > I thought that you would care.

    Honey, I care but I don't have the problem. :)
    Boomer, Nov 5, 2003
  10. Alan

    SgtMinor Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > "trollster" <> wrote in
    >
    > > I thought that you would care.

    > Honey, I care but I don't have the problem. :)

    Hey, Boomer. In a particularly good mood today?

    --
    "She never called *me* 'Honey'" :-(
    SgtMinor, Nov 5, 2003
  11. Alan

    trollster Guest

    I havent had anybody call me honey in such a long time! :)

    trollster, Nov 5, 2003
  12. trollster wrote:

    > I havent had anybody call me honey in such a long time! :)

    Get ready to receive the list of things that need to be done around the
    house.

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 297263
    Microsoft, 23 Oct: "As a result of challenges to our business model,
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 5, 2003
  13. Alan

    Boomer Guest

    SgtMinor <> wrote in

    > Boomer wrote:
    >>
    >> "trollster" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > I thought that you would care.

    >> Honey, I care but I don't have the problem. :)

    > Hey, Boomer. In a particularly good mood today?

    Sweetheart, today is a very good day. :)
    Boomer, Nov 5, 2003
  14. Alan

    Boomer Guest

    "trollster" <> wrote in

    > I havent had anybody call me honey in such a long time! :)

    Better than being called a troll. ;-)
    Boomer, Nov 5, 2003
  15. Alan

    trollster Guest

    Good Point! :)

    trollster, Nov 5, 2003
  16. Alan

    trollster Guest

    I already have that happen! ;)

    trollster, Nov 5, 2003
  17. Alan

    SgtMinor Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > SgtMinor <> wrote in
    >
    > > Boomer wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "trollster" <> wrote in

    > >> Honey, I care but I don't have the problem. :)

    > > Hey, Boomer. In a particularly good mood today?

    > Sweetheart, today is a very good day. :)

    Well thanks, luv! Hope you like my new ID.
    SgtMinor, Nov 5, 2003
  18. Alan

    Boomer Guest

    SgtMinor <"Boomer's Sweetheart"@the.old.folks.home.invalid> wrote in

    > Boomer wrote:
    >>
    >> SgtMinor <> wrote in

    >> > Hey, Boomer. In a particularly good mood today?

    >> Sweetheart, today is a very good day. :)

    > Well thanks, luv! Hope you like my new ID.

    <SMOOCH>

    I luv your _new_ ID but you'll always be Sgt. *Major* <wink> to me!

    :)
    Boomer, Nov 6, 2003
  19. Alan

    SgtMinor Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > SgtMinor <"Boomer's Sweetheart"@the.old.folks.home.invalid> wrote in
    >
    > > Boomer wrote:
    > >>
    > >> SgtMinor <> wrote in

    > >> Sweetheart, today is a very good day. :)

    > > Well thanks, luv! Hope you like my new ID.

    > <SMOOCH>
    >
    > I luv your _new_ ID but you'll always be Sgt. *Major* <wink> to me!
    >
    > :)

    I'm putty in your hands. Last time anyone called me 'major' the word
    'pain' followed in close association. But this time, it looks like a
    good thing...
    SgtMinor, Nov 6, 2003
  20. Alan

    > Boomer wrote:
    >>
    >> SgtMinor <"Boomer's Sweetheart"@the.old.folks.home.invalid> wrote in

    >> > Well thanks, luv! Hope you like my new ID.

    >> <SMOOCH>
    >>
    >> I luv your _new_ ID but you'll always be Sgt. *Major* <wink> to me!
    >>
    >> :)

    > I'm putty in your hands.

    Oh goodness. Are you busy this evening? <eg>

    > Last time anyone called me 'major' the word
    > 'pain' followed in close association. But this time, it looks like a
    > good thing...

    I assure you... no pain. ;o)
    Boomer, Nov 6, 2003