    this is a result of some website cookie which implanted itself into my
    computer..... how do I find this devil and keep it from changing my Home
    Page default internet browser setting......
    don, Oct 25, 2003

  2. don

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:42:43 -0400, don wrote:

    >My default Home Page keeps changing after a reboot, I have a feeling that
    >this is a result of some website cookie which implanted itself into my
    >computer..... how do I find this devil and keep it from changing my Home
    >Page default internet browser setting......

    Download Spybot Search and Destroy, AdAware, and SpywareBlaster, update them,
    and run them.

    --
    <fnord> (AB deserves to get paid more than me; I just deal with
    machines, he deals with lusers)
    Mara, Oct 25, 2003

  3. don

    °Mike° Guest

    Install and use:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:42:43 -0400, in
    <bne9l7$7db$>
    don scrawled:

    >My default Home Page keeps changing after a reboot, I have a feeling that
    >this is a result of some website cookie which implanted itself into my
    >computer..... how do I find this devil and keep it from changing my Home
    >Page default internet browser setting......

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 25, 2003
  4. don

    Harrison Guest

    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
    dialers.
    The second one will protect your system from further infection by such
    diseases.

    Harrison, Oct 25, 2003