    I have been researching all over the net for a solution without any
    success. Can you please direct me to a solution?

    Thanks, ARM
    André R.M., Jan 11, 2004

  2. André R.M.

    Boomer Guest

    André R.M., <> wrote:

    > My home page has been taken over by another site selling
    > software. In addition, my CD drawers open when the home page
    > changes.
    >
    > I have been researching all over the net for a solution without
    > any success. Can you please direct me to a solution?
    >
    > Thanks, ARM

    What search engine did you use to search the net?

    And have you read any messages in the group, posted in the past 24
    hours that might have helped?

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
    security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    StartupList, HijackThis and CoolWebShredder
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/

    Info on above and more.

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    --Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    --Other software--
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html
    Boomer, Jan 11, 2004

  3. LOL

    Trai' La Trash, Jan 11, 2004
  4. André R.M.

    André R.M. Guest

    Thanks, Boomer.

    I was looking for specific direction which you may have provided. I
    did use both Spy Bot and Ad Aware, but without success. Thanks for
    your response.

    ARM.

    André R.M., Jan 11, 2004
  5. André R.M.

    trout Guest

    André R.M. wrote:

    > Thanks, Boomer.
    >
    > I was looking for specific direction which you may have provided. I
    > did use both Spy Bot and Ad Aware, but without success. Thanks for
    > your response.
    >
    > ARM.

    You could probably get a definitive answer by using HijackThis (on
    the list Boomer provided), although you may need help in interpreting
    the results.
    But diagnosing a problem like this is often easier (and sometimes,
    simple) by actually mentioning *which* site has made itself your
    homepage.

    trout, Jan 11, 2004
  6. André R.M.

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Did you update the both programs before you ran them?

    pcbutts1, Jan 11, 2004
  7. André R.M.

    Toast Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message news:<oFfMb.4936$>...
    > Did you update the both programs before you ran them?

    Funny........I had the same thing happen today. I use Ad-Aware 6.0
    which took care of the problem. www.lavasoftusa.com Toast

    Toast, Jan 12, 2004
  8. André R.M.

    André R.M. Guest

    Thanks to all of you who responded constructively.

    The fix is located at Symantec - on the lead page for the problem -
    and provides a ladder to adjust registry values. Worked beautifully.

    André R.M., Jan 12, 2004