Home Page Error

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by DeputyDawg, Aug 28, 2005.

  1. DeputyDawg

    DeputyDawg Guest

    DeputyDawg, Aug 28, 2005

  2. DeputyDawg

    bambam Guest

    "DeputyDawg" <> wrote in
    news::

    > When I try to get onto the Internet it automatically switches to this
    > url from my home page and says Page not found. How did it get there
    > and how do I take this off so that I can get onto the net? My mail
    > service works just fine. I ran the MS AnrtiSpyware program and
    > nothing was found.
    >

    > http://mysearch.myway.com/jsp/cfg_redir2.jsp?id=DE&psa=DWtSwOxH4CXC6ym_
    > u8WmXw&url=http://mysearch.myway.com/jsp/barsearch.jsp&st=dns&ptnrS=DE&
    > PG=SEASUSH&SEC=DNS&searchfor=www%2esnowhill%2ecom

    MS + antispyware shouldn't be used in the same sentence IMHO. :)

    Have a read-

    http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/

    http://www.spywareguide.com/product_show.php?id=490

    http://www.free-web-browsers.com/support/remove-mysearch.shtml
    bambam, Aug 28, 2005

  3. DeputyDawg

    DeputyDawg Guest

    I went to the Control Panel and in the add/remove programs found the Myway
    program and deleted it. That took care of the web page coming up with this
    long url. Now it retains the correct url of the page that I go to but
    always tells me:
    The page cannot be displayed

    I can check my email from the Host but get the above message from my Client
    which is connected via a hub where I can surf the net okay.

    Suggestions?

    DDawg

    DeputyDawg, Aug 28, 2005