    regular call transfer which costs a lot.
    I'd like to use VoIP instead.
    What sort of equipment I need? I'm running Windows 2000 (98 is OK too).

    Do not, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Do not

    Do not Guest

    Do not <_avaoiding_spam.com> wrote:

    >I'm not sure about the jargon/terms used but what type of equipment Ido I need
    >for this:
    >I receive work related call to my regular phone. I often need to receive the call
    >to my vacation home. Both places have have a DSL connection. Now I'm doing just
    >regular call transfer which costs a lot.
    >I'd like to use VoIP instead.
    >What sort of equipment I need? I'm running Windows 2000 (98 is OK too).

    (Answering myself)
    I looks like need something like or CISCO ATA 186.

    Does it work with in Europe? I need a poer transformer of course but are there
    any issues with telephone signals etc.

    What about the software. What kind of sofware I need?

    Do not, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Do not

    Joe Guest

    I am using Websitch 100 P4

    I am not familiar with ATA186.
    I bought 2 of Webswitch 100 P4 from Ebay,which supports H.323.One of mine
    works behind the router,and I just set DMZ to Webswitch 100 P4 except TELNET
    port.If your ip is static,you can bind the ip with the Phonenumber you would
    define.otherwise you would need a gatekeeper.

    Joe, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Do not

    Hank Karl Guest

    At your home office, you need something like an ATA 186 or SIPURA 200
    and a device to connect it to the phone line, like the "internet phone
    patch" at http://www.pulverinnovations.com/. At the vacation home,
    you'll need a SIP phone or softphone.

    Hank Karl, Jan 20, 2004
  5. Do not

    Dan Guest

    Look at Qtelnet (http://www.qtelnet.com/products-index9.htm) for the
    solution that you require. I have set up many of these and work like a
    charm with high quality voice.

    Dan, Jan 20, 2004
  6. Do not

    Do not Guest

    Thanks everyone for replying.

    Anyone know a www site where to buy Sipura or other models in Germany?

    Do not, Jan 20, 2004
  7. Works fine in Europe. My biz. partner lives in London and we talk VOIP
    daily. I've taken an ATA with me to Austria when I was there on business
    and had a room with Broadband. It worked great.

    If you use an ATA abroad, make sure the phone you use with it is American
    spec. Different countries use different resistances and ringing signals.
    It is easier to take a cheap phone with you than to hope the signal is
    compatible.

    Stu

    Stuart Friedman, Jan 24, 2004
  8. Do not

    Do not Guest

    "Stuart Friedman" <> wrote:

    >Works fine in Europe. My biz. partner lives in London and we talk VOIP
    >daily. I've taken an ATA with me to Austria when I was there on business
    >and had a room with Broadband. It worked great.
    >
    >If you use an ATA abroad, make sure the phone you use with it is American
    >spec. Different countries use different resistances and ringing signals.
    >It is easier to take a cheap phone with you than to hope the signal is
    >compatible.
    >
    >Stu

    Thank for the info. I was thinking of using and Laptop to receive the calls.

    Do not, Jan 24, 2004
  9. Do not

    Do not Guest

    Hank Karl <> wrote:

    >At your home office, you need something like an ATA 186 or SIPURA 200
    >and a device to connect it to the phone line, like the "internet phone
    >patch" at http://www.pulverinnovations.com/. At the vacation home,
    >you'll need a SIP phone or softphone.

    I emailed them - no reply. They don't seem to be interested in selling their
    stuff.

    Do not, Jan 27, 2004
  10. Do not

    Do not Guest

    "Dan" <> wrote:

    >Look at Qtelnet (http://www.qtelnet.com/products-index9.htm) for the
    >solution that you require. I have set up many of these and work like a
    >charm with high quality voice.

    I emailed them also. No reply to a direct order. Oh boy. This is getting
    difficult.

    Do not, Jan 27, 2004
  11. Do not

    Roger Elmore Guest

    >>"Dan" wrote:
    >>Look at Qtelnet (http://www.qtelnet.com/products-index9.htm) for the
    >>solution that you require. I have set up many of these and work like a
    >>charm with high quality voice.

    >Do not wrote:
    >I emailed them also. No reply to a direct order. Oh boy. This is getting
    >difficult.

    Geeze, they must be snowed in up there. I've bought 2 of
    their "Remote dialtone" kits. I had some difficulties
    (turned out to be my dyslexia vs. a MAC address... <g>), and
    within a couple of hours after hitting the send button on an
    email to tech support they called me and walked me through
    the setup.

    Are they doing direct orders? I bought mine through
    http://voipstore.atacomm.com/ , also a good guy to work
    with. If my local Black Box guy had got me a price sooner I
    could have saved a few bucks, but I was under the gun and
    had the gateways in my hands before Black Box ever
    responded.

    FWIW, I'm running two of the FXS/FXO-1301 pairs to get four
    lines off our PBX to a KSU in a remote house (along with
    data) using an older Orinoco OR-500 PtoP.
    --
    Roger Elmore
    UTM Telecommunications Maintenance

    Roger Elmore, Jan 27, 2004
  12. Do not

    Dan Guest

    Hey Roger - From what I know they are not doing direct orders, only
    if there is a need and no resellers nearby. How are you liking the
    equipment? I have quiet a few happy customers :) They are so easy to
    set up! Glad to hear tech support is good, I havnt needed them yet but
    you never know.

    Do not : Who are you emailing? My rep replies to my emails within a
    few hours! Send an email to and the rep in your
    area should call you .. if not call them at 403-291-2492

    Dan, Feb 4, 2004
  13. Do not

    Roger Elmore Guest

    >> Roger Elmore wrote:
    >> FWIW, I'm running two of the FXS/FXO-1301 pairs to get four
    >> lines off our PBX to a KSU in a remote house (along with
    >> data) using an older Orinoco OR-500 PtoP.

    >Dan wrote:
    >How are you liking the equipment? I have quiet a few happy
    >customers :)

    They would lock up on the FXO side (the condition of the
    Neax 2400 PBX was lockout, the same as if you leave a phone
    off hook long enough for the fast busy to time out) and I
    got into the habit of checking them every morning and hard
    booting them to clear that up. Main problem there was the
    guy who inherited my previous job pulling wire did a sloppy
    job of securing the Orinoco's yagis. Once they were tight
    and the OR Manager showed excellent link I haven't had to
    reboot.

    I had a complaint from the gals in the house that line 2 on
    the Panasonic 624 KSU was constantly ringing but no one was
    on the other end. I hooked a extension ringer up in the
    switchroom and kept a trace on the maintenance terminal to
    see who (if anyone) was calling and try to isolate the
    problem (if any). I asked them to tell me if it started
    doing it again. I had a record of every inbound call coming
    through the PBX and when I told them who was calling them
    and that I couldn't help it if they hung up, I haven't heard
    a peep out of them.

    It's a temp setup until we get fiber and copper out to the
    house once the weather is better, and the 11mbs Orinoco will
    soon be replaced with the 802.11a Tranzeo 5821 5Ghz/54mbs
    I've been playing with. Once they're swapped out, the
    Orinoco will be relegated to sending RS232 via a NPort
    Express DE311 to program a billboard-type electronic sign
    close to the entrance of the University. We're currently in
    the bid process to replace the NEAX 2400 MDS with something
    that will do VOIP, the Qtelnet boxes and/or Tranzeo will
    probably be used for getting a couple of analog lines and/or
    data up quick for day-or-two jobs in other wired/unwired
    locations. I plan on keeping the FXOs connected to the
    current non-DID station numbers on the new PBX, and be able
    to forward a current hard-wired or a programmed-on-the-fly
    number to them if necessary (currently there's 11 numbers
    forwarded to the 4 number hunt/roll group the FXOs are on).

    Moving from the physical data layer to telco has made me
    leary of permanent VOIP for places where the expectation of
    emergency service would be needed. No, I'm not feeding
    trolls here. There's just liability issues I wouldn't care
    to assume with going enterprise with the current technology.
    Given time it will mature (which is why I keep my ear to the
    ground in this NG), but I consider VOIP a "computer
    simulation of a telephone" and not a *real* phone. We
    haven't had to reboot the PBX in 13 years... <g>

    >They are so easy to set up! Glad to hear tech support is good,
    >I havnt needed them yet but you never know.

    I agree, the second set went online a lot quicker but I
    still had to get in touch for the password to the dealer
    webpage to get the instructions for the v1.4 flash upgrade
    (got walked through it the first time). All of mine shipped
    with v1.3.

    Roger Elmore, Feb 5, 2004