    but your suggestions and advises are highly appreciated.

    Regards,
    SRM
    SRM, Sep 4, 2005

  2. SRM

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    You should build a peer-to-peer Network around a Wireless Cable/DSL Router.

    It should look like this: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

    In addition, read this short faq.

    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#onewire

    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#wcard

    About Wireless.

    Wireless What Should I Get? - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Configure and secure the Wireless/

    If you do not know how to install a Network and set sharing.

    Log to this page: http://www.ezlan.net/installing.html

    External Hard Drive placed in a USB Enclosure can be connected to one of the
    Network’s computers and can be shared through the Network as long as the
    computer is On. If you would like a real Network storage you need to plug
    the USB Hard Drive into a NAS unit and NAS unit can be plugged to the
    Network: http://www.ezlan.net/nas.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "SRM" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I need your help to configure my Home Networking:
    > 1. I have one desktop and one laptop both with high configurations
    > (operating system, speed, RAM, capacity, ...).
    > 2. I'm upgrading my exciting Internet line to ADSL.
    > 3. The telephone port is available in each room.
    > 4. Planning to buy an external hard desk around 300 GB and use it as

    network
    > drive for both equipment (desktop & laptop)
    > Now, I want to link both equipment and sharing the Internet, files,
    > programmes, printer and camera. What do I need to do so? How can I do

    that?
    > What is the best method to link them? in fact I prefer wireless

    connection,

    Jack, Sep 5, 2005