    I dont know what the problem is, so I am hoping to get some answers. It
    might be essential mentioning that both computers are using Windows XP,
    though the laptop has XP 2.Thax in advance!
    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9ya28=?=, Jan 25, 2005

  2. follow the steps at www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 25, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9ya28=?=

    Steve Guest

    I had that problem myself (spent two days on it!). Then
    at 2am last night (this morning) I disabled the firewall
    protection in Norton Internet Security and all was well.
    Each machine could ping itself and access the workgroup.
    After the network was sharing files & working as it should
    I re-enabled the firewall and added the addresses it
    should allow to the exception list.

    So if you have NIS, Zone Alarm or Windows Firewall, try
    temporarily dissabling it and see how you get on.

    Regards,
    Steve

    message

    Steve, Jan 25, 2005
  4. Steve, Thank you so much! This solved my problem instantly. I have NIS and
    just did as you advised me. Take care, Borko

    =?Utf-8?B?Ym9ya28=?=, Jan 25, 2005