    (obviously) wrong when setting up the network but I can't see what.

    Can anyone help?

    PS. I'm a bit of a novice so the simpler the better, thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2ltZXM=?=, Nov 28, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2ltZXM=?=

    David Hettel Guest

    As a simple fast test I suggest that you try temporarily disabling the
    firewalls on both machines and see if they then show up.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Nov 28, 2006

  3. Hi
    Using UNC ( \\ip\share or \\computername\share ), or and mapping drives, is
    a faster more efficient way to share.
    You can also use Win Explorer as well if you want Visual maneuvering.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 28, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U2ltZXM=?=

    Cam Guest

    You may need to set a static IP address and modify the HOSTS file to link
    the host name with the IP address.
    the path is C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    Type the static IP address for both computers and the computer's name. Do
    this for both computers

    Cam, Dec 9, 2006