Home Network with Vonage and Cisco IP Phones

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by JohnM, Dec 3, 2004.

  1. JohnM

    JohnM Guest

    I have a couple of IP phones that were given to me. I use Vonage at
    home and have a simple network that is served by TimeWarner Cable...
    What are the steps involved in using the IP phones as extensions? I
    am not to bright when it comes to IP Telephony but if you talk slow I
    will get it. My setup looks like this;

    TWC --> Cable Modem --> Vonage ATA --> Linksys Router --> PCs

    Now I want to add these phones to the setup. I need power to start
    with but I think there is a whole lot more than that.

    Please help if you know how!

    Thanks much, John M.

    Oh, and the phones are Cisco 7960's
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/tlhw/prodlit/7960_ds3.jpg