    network."

    I have searched all sources and cannot find the solution.

    Can you help?

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJlZA==?=, Jul 31, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RHJlZA==?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    If you have a Router there is No need for a Host.
    All network computers gets the Internet from the Router and it does not
    matter if the computer is Wired, or Wireless.
    If you have problems sharing LAN files this might help:
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Dred" <> wrote in message
    > I have two XP machines, one desktop wired to a router which connects to
    > broadband, and another (a laptop) which wirelessly connects to the router.
    > I set
    > up the laptop to use the internet connection easily enough, but cannot

    seem to
    > get the two PCs to be able to access each other.
    >
    > How do I go about doing this?
    >
    > When I try to set up my home network, the Network Setup Wizard will not
    > allow me to designate my desktop (which is directly connected to the

    router)
    > as the host computer. When I select, "This computer connects directly to

    the
    > internet. The other computers on my network connect to the internet

    through
    > this computer," I get a message on the next screen that says, "Other
    > computers cannot connect to the internet through this computer. In

    addition

    Jack, Aug 1, 2005

  3. It sounds like I have the same set up, however i can get my desktop to access
    the laptop but not the other way around. It keeps telling me that the laptop
    doesn't have authorization to access this resource. Both computers have
    exactly the same settings, i don't understand why one works and the other
    doesn't.

    =?Utf-8?B?emFtYm9uaSBkdWRl?=, Aug 1, 2005
  4. I lowered the settings on my Zone Alarm Firewall and now have the same issue
    as zamboni dude. Thanks for the help Jack.

    Anybody have a solution to the problem that Zamboni and I have?

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJlZA==?=, Aug 1, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RHJlZA==?=

    Colin Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:08:04 -0700, "Dred" <>
    wrote:

    >I lowered the settings on my Zone Alarm Firewall and now have the same issue
    >as zamboni dude. Thanks for the help Jack.
    >
    >Anybody have a solution to the problem that Zamboni and I have?
    >
    >"zamboni dude" wrote:
    >
    >> It sounds like I have the same set up, however i can get my desktop to access
    >> the laptop but not the other way around. It keeps telling me that the laptop
    >> doesn't have authorization to access this resource. Both computers have
    >> exactly the same settings, i don't understand why one works and the other
    >> doesn't.
    >>
    >> "Dred" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have two XP machines, one desktop wired to a router which connects to
    >> > broadband, and another (a laptop) which wirelessly connects to the router.
    >> > I set
    >> > up the laptop to use the internet connection easily enough, but cannot seem to
    >> > get the two PCs to be able to access each other.
    >> >
    >> > How do I go about doing this?
    >> >
    >> > When I try to set up my home network, the Network Setup Wizard will not
    >> > allow me to designate my desktop (which is directly connected to the router)
    >> > as the host computer. When I select, "This computer connects directly to the
    >> > internet. The other computers on my network connect to the internet through
    >> > this computer," I get a message on the next screen that says, "Other
    >> > computers cannot connect to the internet through this computer. In addition
    >> > to it's internet connection this computer must have a connection to your
    >> > network."
    >> >
    >> > I have searched all sources and cannot find the solution.
    >> >
    >> > Can you help?

    I also find this wireless setup amazingling obtuse. here is a freeware (for
    home networks) that should setup secure wireless connections - the
    www.lucilink.com product.

    Warning: I havn't tired it and am looking for some feedback on whether it works
    as advertised or is as difficult to use as the Micrsoft "tools".....

    Colin, Aug 1, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RHJlZA==?=

    Colin Guest

    >www.lucilink.com product.
    >
    >Warning: I havn't tired it and am looking for some feedback on whether it works
    >as advertised or is as difficult to use as the Micrsoft "tools".....

    Typo: www.lucidlink.com
    Sorry

    Colin, Aug 1, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?RHJlZA==?=

    Andrew C Guest

    Dred and Zamboni Dude,

    on the computer that doesnt work, use this troubleshooter:
    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm it worked for me when i had the same
    problem. but read the whole thing before uninstalling your firewall, you
    dont have to.

    Andrew

    Andrew C, Aug 5, 2005