    key. I have my own copy of windows 2000 Pro! I would like
    just an how to would be a best setup for studying.

    Thanks!!
    YoMan!, Mar 5, 2004

  2. YoMan!

    Kenarbes Guest

    You are in better shape than I was for my 70-216. I only had 1 compute
    for most of my studies, only recently got a second.

    I would recommend setting up at least 1 of your computers as a dc, on
    maybe as a member server, and one with Pro (don't forget the Admi
    tools!). You are going to need to understand DHCP, DNS and WINS mos
    of all. This will give you a perfect opportunity to actually use th
    tools like netsh, nslookup and ntdsutil, etc, and especially pa
    attention to the switches in those commands, stuff I had to memoriz
    because I couldn't do much with them on a 1 computer network.

    Then, get a good understanding of IPSec, and IIS, and understand wha
    the differences are between NAT and a Proxy. I found www.whatis.com t
    be most helpful, there.

    And, finally, get comfortable with subnetting. I found Freak's Guid
    to Subnetting to be most helpful.

    And all of this was just an overview. :eek

    Kenarbe
    Kenarbes, Mar 6, 2004