    luck. I can see the desktop computer on the list but I am unable to connect
    to it. I know I'm missing a step but I cant seem to figure it out.

    I do have an internet connection, that was not a problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?Z2l6YWh1bmE=?=, Aug 15, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Z2l6YWh1bmE=?=

    Malke Guest

    gizahuna wrote:

    > I have a new laptop from work and want to be able to file share and
    > printer
    > share with the desktop computer. I've tried using the wizard, but
    > with no
    > luck. I can see the desktop computer on the list but I am unable to
    > connect
    > to it. I know I'm missing a step but I cant seem to figure it out.
    >
    > I do have an internet connection, that was not a problem.

    Is the laptop on a domain at work? If this is the case, here is
    information from MVP Lanwench on how to share your home (Workgroup)
    resources:

    Note - you don't need to change to a workgroup just to access resources
    on it. You shouldn't play with your laptop's network settings at all.
    Once you've logged in using your domain account (using cached
    credentials), and have an IP address on the home network, you can map
    drives, use printers, whatnot, very easily - one way, in a command
    line:

    net use x: \\computername\sharename /user:computername\username <enter>

    MS KB article about the Net Use command - http://tinyurl.com/3bpnj

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Aug 15, 2005

  3. If you use the Wireless set up Wizard you can copy your wireless settings
    from the desktop PC to a usb flash drive and install it on the laptop

    =?Utf-8?B?amVycnlyb2Nr?=, Aug 15, 2005