Home Network Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by joe, Jan 4, 2005.

  1. joe

    joe Guest

    Hello Techs,
    Happy New Year,

    I recently purchased a Dlink 604 router and find it works properly on the
    internet for both our computers, except it will not comunicate via the
    network.Our recently purchased computer with Win XP sees the older Win98se
    computer, but the Win98se displays message "internet gateway unconfigured".

    So far a folder for sharing is made, client for ms networks, netbeui, file
    and print sharing are all activated in the network configuration.

    I fear the problem may be in the irq settings and I don't have a clue what
    appears normal or at fault.

    I noticed this under system information - network:
    Maybe it is related. Our internet card was supplied by the cable company to
    access the internet:

    Existing Ndis2 Driver
    Net
    This Device Has a Problem: Code=2 (0x2)
    Device failure: Try changing the driver for this device. If that doesn't
    work,
    see your hardware documentation.
    Registry Key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\enum\ROOT\NET\0000
    Alloc resources: None
    Forced resources: None
    Boot resources: None
    Filtered resources: None
    Basic resources: None
    Driver: Net\0004
    Driver Date: 4-23-1999

    --
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you,

    Do not REPLY to this message. Remove TWO and replace with 2. My email
    address: quepos2atshawdotca

    joe, Jan 4, 2005