    Regards
    Abbyss

    ---

    Abbyss, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Abbyss

    Rifleman Guest

    "Abbyss" <> wrote in message
    news:91YOb.30890$...
    > Hi group!
    > I have a problem with my home network, I can't find my network (MSHOME)
    > anywhere. It disappeared a few month's ago, and now I can access my main
    > computer from another, but not access any other from the main computer.
    > Also, I have no firewall are in use when I'm trying to fix this.
    > Any help would be great.
    >
    > Regards
    > Abbyss

    It would be helpful if you gave us some more info:
    Like what OS's are you using? Peer-to-Peer or Domain?

    Rifleman, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Abbyss

    Abbyss Guest

    Sorry!
    I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to another
    computer, no HUB or similar.

    Regards
    Abbyss

    Abbyss, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Abbyss

    Rifleman Guest

    "Abbyss" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry!
    > I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to another
    > computer, no HUB or similar.
    >
    > Regards
    > Abbyss

    Try running the Network Wizard again.....

    Rifleman, Jan 19, 2004
  5. Abbyss

    Abbyss Guest

    I have done that a 1000 times...(ok, 10 times) :)
    All I have in "My Network Places" are:
    Entire Network, Microsoft Terminal Services and Web Client Network.
    Computers near me or/and MS Windows Network are gone..

    Regards
    Abbyss

    Abbyss, Jan 19, 2004
  6. Abbyss

    Rifleman Guest

    "Abbyss" <> wrote in message
    > I have done that a 1000 times...(ok, 10 times) :)
    > All I have in "My Network Places" are:
    > Entire Network, Microsoft Terminal Services and Web Client Network.
    > Computers near me or/and MS Windows Network are gone..
    >
    > Regards
    > Abbyss
    >
    > "Rifleman" <> wrote in message
    > > "Abbyss" <> wrote in message
    > > > Sorry!
    > > > I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to another
    > > > computer, no HUB or similar.
    > > >
    > > > Regards
    > > > Abbyss
    > > >
    > > > "Rifleman" <> wrote in message

    > > Try running the Network Wizard again.....
    > >

    > ---

    What happens when you click on "Entire Network" can you actually see the
    machines on your network?

    Rifleman, Jan 19, 2004
  7. Abbyss

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:31:49 GMT, "Abbyss" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi group!
    >I have a problem with my home network, I can't find my network (MSHOME)
    >anywhere. It disappeared a few month's ago, and now I can access my main
    >computer from another, but not access any other from the main computer.
    >Also, I have no firewall are in use when I'm trying to fix this.
    >Any help would be great.
    >
    >Regards
    >Abbyss

    No use now but you should have run System Restore pronto at the time.

    If Network Wizard fails to fix things, you could try removing all
    network components (Clients for MS networks, TCP/IP etc ), rebooting
    and reinstalling. My 2 bits...

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Jan 19, 2004
  8. Abbyss

    Abbyss Guest

    No, that's my problem, I can't see any machines on my network, I can't even
    see my own machine. And I have no idea how this happened. Thank you for your
    help so far.

    Regards
    Abbyss

    "Rifleman" <> wrote in message
    > "Abbyss" <> wrote in message
    > > I have done that a 1000 times...(ok, 10 times) :)
    > > All I have in "My Network Places" are:
    > > Entire Network, Microsoft Terminal Services and Web Client Network.
    > > Computers near me or/and MS Windows Network are gone..
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > Abbyss
    > >
    > > "Rifleman" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Abbyss" <> wrote in message

    another

    > > > Try running the Network Wizard again.....
    > > >

    > > ---
    > >

    > What happens when you click on "Entire Network" can you actually see the
    > machines on your network?

    ---

    Abbyss, Jan 19, 2004
  9. Abbyss

    Harrison Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:17:21 GMT, "Abbyss" <>
    wrote:

    >Sorry!
    >I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to another
    >computer, no HUB or similar.

    How are you connecting multiple computers with "no HUB or similar"?
    If it's a direct connection (one pc to another), you'll need a
    crossover cable instead of a standard straight cable.

    Harrison, Jan 19, 2004
  10. Abbyss

    Abbyss Guest

    Hi!

    Thank you for your replay.

    Regards
    Abbyss

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:31:49 GMT, "Abbyss" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi group!
    > >I have a problem with my home network, I can't find my network (MSHOME)
    > >anywhere. It disappeared a few month's ago, and now I can access my main
    > >computer from another, but not access any other from the main computer.
    > >Also, I have no firewall are in use when I'm trying to fix this.
    > >Any help would be great.
    > >
    > >Regards
    > >Abbyss

    > No use now but you should have run System Restore pronto at the time.
    >
    > If Network Wizard fails to fix things, you could try removing all
    > network components (Clients for MS networks, TCP/IP etc ), rebooting
    > and reinstalling. My 2 bits...
    >
    > jd

    ---

    Abbyss, Jan 19, 2004
  11. Abbyss

    Abbyss Guest

    Hi!
    I'm using a crossover cable, u see, I access my main computer from another
    but not the other way..

    Regards
    Abbyss

    <Harrison> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:17:21 GMT, "Abbyss" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Sorry!
    > >I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to another
    > >computer, no HUB or similar.

    > How are you connecting multiple computers with "no HUB or similar"?
    > If it's a direct connection (one pc to another), you'll need a
    > crossover cable instead of a standard straight cable.
    >

    > >Regards
    > >Abbyss
    > >
    > >"Rifleman" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Abbyss" <> wrote in message

    (MSHOME)

    main

    computer.

    > >> It would be helpful if you gave us some more info:
    > >> Like what OS's are you using? Peer-to-Peer or Domain?
    > >>

    > >---

    ---

    Abbyss, Jan 19, 2004
  12. Harrison wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:17:21 GMT, "Abbyss" <>
    > wrote:

    >>Sorry!
    >>I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to another
    >>computer, no HUB or similar.

    > How are you connecting multiple computers with "no HUB or similar"?
    > If it's a direct connection (one pc to another), you'll need a
    > crossover cable instead of a standard straight cable.

    He said it used to work. He didn't say he'd changed cables. I'd
    probably give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    Happily slrning again.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 19, 2004
  13. Abbyss

    Harrison Guest

    On 19 Jan 2004 23:58:12 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Harrison wrote:
    >> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:17:21 GMT, "Abbyss" <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Sorry!
    >>>I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to another
    >>>computer, no HUB or similar.

    >> How are you connecting multiple computers with "no HUB or similar"?
    >> If it's a direct connection (one pc to another), you'll need a
    >> crossover cable instead of a standard straight cable.

    >He said it used to work. He didn't say he'd changed cables. I'd
    >probably give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

    yeah.

    Harrison, Jan 20, 2004
  14. Abbyss

    Abbyss Guest

    Hi!
    First, thanks to all replayers.

    I will try to explain the situation the way I should have done it the first
    time.
    I'm using Win XP Pro. on my main computer and Win 98se on the other one.
    They are connected by crossover cable in a workgroup called "MSHOME", and I
    can ping both ways. The Win 98se computer can see the XP computer and I can
    move files from and to the XP computer by using the Win 98se computer. The
    problem is that I can't see anything from the XP computer, can't see
    "MSHOME" or any sheared files from the Win 98se computer. Ping works great,
    and I can play in network between those computers.

    I have tried to reinstalled XP, using the "upgrade" alternative, I have also
    tried to uninstall and reinstalled the network components regarding to the
    network connection.

    The problem started a few mounts ago, and I have no idea how this happened,
    it seams like something are missing since I can't see my own workgroup.
    There are no firewalls messing up the connection. And of course, I can
    always do a clean install of XP, but would preferably not.

    Regards
    Abbyss

    "Abbyss" <> wrote in message
    > Hi group!
    > I have a problem with my home network, I can't find my network (MSHOME)
    > anywhere. It disappeared a few month's ago, and now I can access my main
    > computer from another, but not access any other from the main computer.
    > Also, I have no firewall are in use when I'm trying to fix this.
    > Any help would be great.
    >
    > Regards
    > Abbyss
    >

    > ---

    ---

    Abbyss, Jan 20, 2004
  15. Abbyss

    Linda Barr Guest

    I see no answer to your last post, so here's my two cents worth, albeit
    unsolicited. I had the same problem a couple months ago. I was running XP
    Home on my main pc and 98-Plus on the secondary. I ended up having to do a
    clean install on my XP before it was over. Nothing else seemed to work.
    Linda

    Linda Barr, Jan 21, 2004
  16. Abbyss

    Abbyss Guest

    Hi Linda!

    Thank you for your response. This was my thought to, so I better start the
    boring work.:)

    Regards
    Abbyss

    ---