    printer connected to the XP computer. The XP computer prints to it
    just fine, but I can't get the 98 computer to print to it. Any
    suggestions?

    Paul, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Paul

    ToGrok Guest

    Do you have the printer shared?

    ToGrok, Oct 31, 2003

  3. Paul

    Patrick Boch Guest

    If you have the right driver/and share.....Should work with no problem....

    --
    _______________
    Patrick/A+Certified/Tech...

    Patrick Boch, Oct 31, 2003
  4. Paul

    Computer Guy Guest

    Hello,
    When you connect to a networked printer, during the install process the
    connecting machine
    downloads drivers and asks to print a test page. Considering XP drivers will
    not work on a 98 box.
    install the printer locally with Win98 Drivers. Then create a port so the
    two machines will connect.
    If the drivers are not on the install CD-ROM, download them from HP.
    If they still do not connect, security becomes an issue, Create a user
    account on the Win98 box
    with the exact name and password as on the XP machine. Log onto that
    account.
    Computer Guy

    Computer Guy, Oct 31, 2003
  5. Paul

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Computer Guy mused:

    | Considering XP drivers will not work on a 98 box.

    XP does have the option to allow you to install driver versions for
    other OSes to hold for download when those other computers connect to the
    shared printer.

    mhicaoidh, Oct 31, 2003