    I was told that I simply had to enable sharing, but I can't get either
    computer to show up as accesible through the network.

    Suggestions?

    Justin Roberts, Feb 14, 2007

  2. Are you running any Windows Firewalls ? If you do, try to disable them and
    try again.

    Johan Engdahl
    CCSA, CCSE, CCA, MCP | johan AT firewall1 DOT nu | http://www.firewall1.nu

    Johan Engdahl, Feb 14, 2007

  3. Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Advanced XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 14, 2007
  4. Thanks for the suggestion. I am now able to get my computers to detect each
    other on the network, however, I am still having trouble. When I try and
    access the hard drive of my desktop (via my lap top), it won't allow me
    access to any of its sub folders (e.g. program files, my documents, etc.).
    It appears to be restricting access for some reason. I thought I had all
    sharing options enabled though.

    In addition, when I try and connect to my desktop printer through the
    network, it will read that the printer exists, but I am not able to send a
    successful print job through

    Justin Roberts, Feb 15, 2007