    Naming is correct. all are on OFFICE network. Firewalls are all off. Any
    thing I need to check or uncheck? Ant suggestions will be greatly
    appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=, Jan 4, 2006

  2. Hi
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 5, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

    Ken Guest

    I am having a similar problem. I am have looked at the line and am
    convinced that the problem is that permissions have not been set on one of
    my two machines. My problem is -

    Machine one - The security tab appears and permissions have been set. The
    other machine can access and share folders on this machine.

    Machine two - There is no security tab and no permissions button on the
    share tab. Machine 1 cannot access folders on this machine.

    Machine three - This computer is not on the network yet but there is no
    security tab on it either and no permissions button on the share tab.

    Disk drives on all three machines are formatted for NTFS. All three
    machines are running XP professional SP 2.

    1. Why is the security tab missing on two of the machines and what can I do
    to get this tab so that permissions can be set.
    2. Is there any way to set permissions absent the button and or tab?

    Thanks in advance for assistance.

    Ken

    Ken, Jan 6, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

    Ken Guest

    For any that care and their information.

    I learned that if I turned off simple sharing on the first computer, the
    security tab appeared and by giving myself full permissions for all files on
    this machine the problem with the second being able to share these files
    was resolved.

    Ken

    Ken, Jan 6, 2006
  5. How do you turn off simple sharing on a computer? I can set sharing on files
    or foldeers but not computers, that I know of.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZG9uZGV0dA==?=, Jan 7, 2006