Home Lab

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Xiamen, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. Xiamen

    Xiamen Guest

    From what I have been reading no matter what courses you take to prepare for the MCSA I am told that it is a good idea to set up a small network at home to practice on. Is this true and if so what would you recommend? Computers, Operating Systems, etc.,,,

    Xiamen, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Xiamen

    JaR Guest

    Xiamen opined, On 4/13/04 8:21 AM:

    > From what I have been reading no matter what courses you take to prepare for the MCSA I am told that it is a good idea to set up a small network at home to practice on. Is this true and if so what would you recommend? Computers, Operating Systems, etc.,,,

    Yes, computers are a good idea for a home lab. Operating systems are
    also handy. I would reccomend using the Operating systems you are
    studying. The manuals for the Operating systems will give you the
    minimum requirements for the computers. Neat, huh? And in the process
    you will have learned something. You know what else? What you just
    learned will be in the tests! Cool!

    If you are going to continue posting to usenet, either get a newsreader
    (Microsoft makes one) or learn to use carriage return once in a while.

    JaR
    Repetitive Thug

    JaR, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Xiamen

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, computers are a good idea for a home lab. Operating systems are
    > also handy. I would reccomend using the Operating systems you are
    > studying. The manuals for the Operating systems will give you the
    > minimum requirements for the computers. Neat, huh? And in the process
    > you will have learned something. You know what else? What you just
    > learned will be in the tests! Cool!
    >
    > If you are going to continue posting to usenet, either get a newsreader
    > (Microsoft makes one) or learn to use carriage return once in a while.

    At
    least
    he
    didn't
    want
    dumps
    ..

    --

    KB - MCNGP "</br> thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 13, 2004
  4. Xiamen

    JaR Guest

    Ken Briscoe opined, On 4/13/04 10:29 AM:

    > At
    > least
    > he
    > didn't
    > want
    > dumps
    > .

    He
    hadn't
    got
    that
    far
    yet
    !

    JaR, Apr 13, 2004
  5. Xiamen

    Darth 2000 Guest

    (
    ..
    )

    -
    -

    Darth 2000, Apr 15, 2004
  6. Xiamen

    Darth 2000 Guest

    If you want to study for these exams, everyone here would recomend that you
    setup a small lab at home.
    You should have at LEAST the following:

    1x Server running the OS you're studying (TIP: MINIMUM of 256MB RAM!)
    1x Client running windows 2000 Professional
    1x Client running Windows XP Professional
    1x 4 port hub/switch

    If you only have one computer, get your hands on a copy of VMWare.

    --
    Darth 2000 - MCNGP # 28

    Darth 2000, Apr 15, 2004