Home Internet server

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TechNews, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. TechNews

    TechNews Guest

    Home Internet server device runs embedded Linux
    anon June 03 2004

    Wiscore has introduced a Linux-based device for consumers interested in
    running their own Internet server. The Tenon incorporates email, web,
    and ftp servers, along with a broadband router, hub, and firewall -- all
    in a small, low-power device featuring an embedded Linux architecture
    for high security.

    Tenon's embedded architecture reduces security worries, Wiscore says,
    because much like embedded router/firewall appliances based on Leaf
    project software, the device's root filesystem boots from read-only
    media and can be returned to its original state with a reboot or a push
    of the "return to original state" key ...

    Reliability:Speed:Security

    TechNews, Jun 3, 2004