    this?

    Thanks
    -s-
    Steve, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Steve

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Steve () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > I have a VHS video that I put on DVD. I'd like to replace about a minute of
    > the video on the end but keep the audio intact. Whats the best way to do
    > this?

    You basically pull the MPEG files out of the VOB format, then just use
    any editor to do the replacement.

    --
    Jeff Rife |
    Jeff Rife, Dec 1, 2005

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    "Jeff Rife" <> wrote in message
    > Steve () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >> I have a VHS video that I put on DVD. I'd like to replace about a minute
    >> of
    >> the video on the end but keep the audio intact. Whats the best way to do
    >> this?

    > You basically pull the MPEG files out of the VOB format, then just use
    > any editor to do the replacement.
    >
    > --
    > Jeff Rife |
    > | http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/ArloNJanis/CircularSaw.gif

    Well, I kind of got ahead of myself, its not burned to DVD yet....I am
    working with the .MPG file on the computer. When I open the file in WMV or a
    few others and try to put the video at the end, its all replaced, even the
    audio. I'm looking for something to lock the audio track while I delete the
    existing video, then replace it.
    I hope I explained it correctly, I'm confusing myself now :) , maybe I've
    been working on this too long!

    -s-
    Steve, Dec 1, 2005
  4. Steve

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Steve () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Well, I kind of got ahead of myself, its not burned to DVD yet....I am
    > working with the .MPG file on the computer. When I open the file in WMV or a
    > few others and try to put the video at the end, its all replaced, even the
    > audio. I'm looking for something to lock the audio track while I delete the
    > existing video, then replace it.

    You need a video editor, like Adobe Premier or NeroVision Express. In either
    case, you would drag the current video *only* to the timeline and clip off
    the end where you want to add the new video. Then, drag the new video onto
    the timeline. This would give you the correct video with no audio. Then,
    drag the audio *only* from the first video to the timeline. This tells the
    editor "use this audio for its entire length". If the amount you clipped out
    of the old video is the same as what you added new, things should work out
    just right.

    --
    Jeff Rife |
    Jeff Rife, Dec 1, 2005
  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Thank you, very helpful. Out to buy myself an early Christmas gift!.

    -s-

    Steve, Dec 2, 2005
  6. Steve

    Goro Guest

    Jeff Rife wrote:
    > Steve () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > > Well, I kind of got ahead of myself, its not burned to DVD yet....I am
    > > working with the .MPG file on the computer. When I open the file in WMV or a
    > > few others and try to put the video at the end, its all replaced, even the
    > > audio. I'm looking for something to lock the audio track while I delete the
    > > existing video, then replace it.

    > You need a video editor, like Adobe Premier or NeroVision Express. In either
    > case, you would drag the current video *only* to the timeline and clip off
    > the end where you want to add the new video. Then, drag the new video onto
    > the timeline. This would give you the correct video with no audio. Then,
    > drag the audio *only* from the first video to the timeline. This tells the
    > editor "use this audio for its entire length". If the amount you clipped out
    > of the old video is the same as what you added new, things should work out
    > just right.

    Is there a utility like to demux the MPEG and then he could mod the
    streams and remux?

    Like VOBEdit and IFOEdit (for DVDs VOB files)

    -goro-
    Goro, Dec 2, 2005
  7. Steve

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Steve () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Thank you, very helpful. Out to buy myself an early Christmas gift!.

    As one more thing, you could buy a video card or DVD-R/RW/etc. drive that
    comes bundled with such an editor. Almost every DVD recorder for the PC has
    Nero bundled with it, which saves you $100 in software. The only difference
    between the bundled version of Nero and the box version is that the bundle
    doesn't allow you to upgrade to a new major version for a discount...you can
    still download "bugfix" updates for free.

    I received Cyberlink's video editor/DVD authoring software with my PowerColor
    Radeon X850 card.

    --
    Jeff Rife |
    Jeff Rife, Dec 2, 2005
  8. Steve

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Goro () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Is there a utility like to demux the MPEG and then he could mod the
    > streams and remux?
    >
    > Like VOBEdit and IFOEdit (for DVDs VOB files)

    I wasn't sure if any of these tools could cut out parts of a single stream
    or not. I know they can de-mux and re-mux, but I didn't know they could
    clip and join (which requires a re-encode of at least some frames).

    --
    Jeff Rife |
    Jeff Rife, Dec 2, 2005