Home Depot and social security numbers; #2

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by mk834tt@yahoo.com, Dec 1, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Employers. Discover if your employee has applied for a job
    at Home Depot using his ssn and zip code. Home Depot was
    informed of this process.

    goto http://www.homedepot.com/

    (at bottom of page) -->"Corporate Info"."Careers"

    (righthand side "Career Search") Scrollbox = "In-store" and set a
    zipcode

    -->Button."Search"

    Select a store in the zipcode area you previously selected.

    You are now at the job listings. Pick on and apply.

    Indicate you forgot your "User ID/password"

    Indicate you forgot your "User ID"

    Enter you zip code and SSN.

    Then, don't answer the secret question, but instead hit the back BACK
    button.

    And... here's that SSN owner's User ID.

    Nice use of the SSN... they very LAST thing that should show up on a
    website.

    You seem to be able to execise this endlessly (bot target?) if you use
    the
    browser (firefox) back button to go back 2 screens. If you go back
    one,
    you wind up way out and have to select area and jobs all over again.

    I suppose Fleetfarm ccould checkup on employees... see if any are
    jumping ship. :)

    I wonder if the business logic is dipping into the Home Depot credit
    database.
    You may be able to discover who has Home Depot credit accounts.. who
    knows.
    Heck, they may be using the SSN as the account key. I've seen people
    do it.

    Once you are in the system, they will not purge the data, they are
    "unable". (per support at ) Pro set up.

    , Dec 1, 2007