    Just a minor thing missing for an otherwise perfect simple interface. Just a
    suggestion for the next release.
    Jarmo P
    Jarmo P, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Jarmo P

    dantu Guest

    Jarmo P wrote:

    >I am not talking about that Mozilla Home button. That I cannot actually
    >remove. It is totally unnecessary for most end users.
    >Liked to have the usual home button for a favorite home page there after
    >Back, Forward, Reload and Stop ones, in the Main Toolbar, that is the only
    >one I use there.
    >I am talking about Classic theme I like, after Edit / Preferences /
    >Appearance/ Show Toolbars as pictures only setting.
    >Just a minor thing missing for an otherwise perfect simple interface. Just a
    >suggestion for the next release.
    >Jarmo P

    Jarmo

    there is a Home button you can configure to any page you want!

    First, the icon on the far upper right is not a button, but is actually
    called a throbber, and yes it is linked directly to the Mozilla pages

    The Home button you want is selectable, you can turn it on or off, and
    configurable, you can set to which page it points

    Mozilla-->Preferences-->Navigator

    Turn ON the Home button in the lower panel, and use the upper panel to
    set it to a specific page
    The Home button will now appear in your tool bar

    The Mozilla Throbber does more than just link you to the Mozilla site.
    It indicates when the program is busy (such as when searching/contacting
    a page etc). And many people DO use it, they access the Mozilla site,
    and get updates or new versions, or extensions, or a myriad of other
    options available from the site.
    dantu, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Jarmo P

    Jarmo P Guest

    > there is a Home button you can configure to any page you want!
    >
    > First, the icon on the far upper right is not a button, but is actually
    > called a throbber, and yes it is linked directly to the Mozilla pages
    >
    > The Home button you want is selectable, you can turn it on or off, and
    > configurable, you can set to which page it points
    >
    > Mozilla-->Preferences-->Navigator
    >
    > Turn ON the Home button in the lower panel, and use the upper panel to
    > set it to a specific page
    > The Home button will now appear in your tool bar

    It goes into the Personal Toolbar. You see I want as simple browser look as
    possible. I dont use the that toolbar.
    Should go into main toolbar.

    > The Mozilla Throbber does more than just link you to the Mozilla site.
    > It indicates when the program is busy (such as when searching/contacting
    > a page etc). And many people DO use it, they access the Mozilla site,
    > and get updates or new versions, or extensions, or a myriad of other
    > options available from the site.

    The ability to have a simple look goes for here too, the stop button has
    also red color when the browser is busy, and I do have a status line at the
    bottom. It is only a minor annoyance to me, that throbber, even Firebird has
    it, although it is not so annoying in that browser. Mozilla's one looks
    almost like some small animated advertisement ; )
    Also the Search text in the finder button should go away.
    Well, these are just my opinions, tastes vary, but should be able to
    configure like that.
    Jarmo P
    Jarmo P, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Jarmo P

    dantu Guest

    Jarmo P wrote:

    >> there is a Home button you can configure to any page you want!
    >>
    >>First, the icon on the far upper right is not a button, but is actually
    >>called a throbber, and yes it is linked directly to the Mozilla pages
    >>
    >>The Home button you want is selectable, you can turn it on or off, and
    >>configurable, you can set to which page it points
    >>
    >>Mozilla-->Preferences-->Navigator
    >>
    >>Turn ON the Home button in the lower panel, and use the upper panel to
    >>set it to a specific page
    >>The Home button will now appear in your tool bar
    >>

    >It goes into the Personal Toolbar. You see I want as simple browser look as
    >possible. I dont use the that toolbar.
    >Should go into main toolbar.
    >

    >>The Mozilla Throbber does more than just link you to the Mozilla site.
    >>It indicates when the program is busy (such as when searching/contacting
    >>a page etc). And many people DO use it, they access the Mozilla site,
    >>and get updates or new versions, or extensions, or a myriad of other
    >>options available from the site.
    >>

    >The ability to have a simple look goes for here too, the stop button has
    >also red color when the browser is busy, and I do have a status line at the
    >bottom. It is only a minor annoyance to me, that throbber, even Firebird has
    >it, although it is not so annoying in that browser. Mozilla's one looks
    >almost like some small animated advertisement ; )
    >Also the Search text in the finder button should go away.
    >Well, these are just my opinions, tastes vary, but should be able to
    >configure like that.
    >Jarmo P

    The Home button in the classic and default themes is only available in
    the tool bar
    Other themes may move the Home button

    With the myriad of themes available, you should be able to find one to
    suit your taste.

    ?? Text in the Search Bar goes away when you hit Search
    dantu, Nov 5, 2003
  5. Jarmo P

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Jarmo P wrote:

    >> there is a Home button you can configure to any page you want!
    >>
    >>First, the icon on the far upper right is not a button, but is actually
    >>called a throbber, and yes it is linked directly to the Mozilla pages
    >>
    >>The Home button you want is selectable, you can turn it on or off, and
    >>configurable, you can set to which page it points
    >>
    >>Mozilla-->Preferences-->Navigator
    >>
    >>Turn ON the Home button in the lower panel, and use the upper panel to
    >>set it to a specific page
    >>The Home button will now appear in your tool bar

    > It goes into the Personal Toolbar. You see I want as simple browser look as
    > possible. I dont use the that toolbar.
    > Should go into main toolbar.

    Just a comment but you might want to explore the personal toolbar more
    thoroughly. It's a great way to access bookmarks, keep bookmarks
    arranged, etc. It can be minimized or restored with a click. To each
    his own but it really is a powerful tool.

    >>The Mozilla Throbber does more than just link you to the Mozilla site.
    >>It indicates when the program is busy (such as when searching/contacting
    >>a page etc). And many people DO use it, they access the Mozilla site,
    >>and get updates or new versions, or extensions, or a myriad of other
    >>options available from the site.

    > The ability to have a simple look goes for here too, the stop button has
    > also red color when the browser is busy, and I do have a status line at the
    > bottom. It is only a minor annoyance to me, that throbber, even Firebird has
    > it, although it is not so annoying in that browser. Mozilla's one looks
    > almost like some small animated advertisement ; )
    > Also the Search text in the finder button should go away.
    > Well, these are just my opinions, tastes vary, but should be able to
    > configure like that.
    > Jarmo P

    See these:

    Change the throbber: http://holgermetzger.de/efaqgeneral.html#10
    Change the throbber URL: http://holgermetzger.de/efaqgeneral.html#12

    --
    Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Nov 5, 2003
  6. Ed Mullen wrote:

    > Jarmo P wrote:
    >

    >>> there is a Home button you can configure to any page you want!
    >>>
    >>>First, the icon on the far upper right is not a button, but is actually
    >>>called a throbber, and yes it is linked directly to the Mozilla pages
    >>>
    >>>The Home button you want is selectable, you can turn it on or off, and
    >>>configurable, you can set to which page it points
    >>>
    >>>Mozilla-->Preferences-->Navigator
    >>>
    >>>Turn ON the Home button in the lower panel, and use the upper panel to
    >>>set it to a specific page
    >>>The Home button will now appear in your tool bar

    >>It goes into the Personal Toolbar. You see I want as simple browser look as
    >>possible. I dont use the that toolbar.
    >>Should go into main toolbar.

    > Just a comment but you might want to explore the personal toolbar more
    > thoroughly. It's a great way to access bookmarks, keep bookmarks
    > arranged, etc. It can be minimized or restored with a click. To each
    > his own but it really is a powerful tool.
    >

    >>>The Mozilla Throbber does more than just link you to the Mozilla site.
    >>>It indicates when the program is busy (such as when searching/contacting
    >>>a page etc). And many people DO use it, they access the Mozilla site,
    >>>and get updates or new versions, or extensions, or a myriad of other
    >>>options available from the site.

    >>The ability to have a simple look goes for here too, the stop button has
    >>also red color when the browser is busy, and I do have a status line at the
    >>bottom. It is only a minor annoyance to me, that throbber, even Firebird has
    >>it, although it is not so annoying in that browser. Mozilla's one looks
    >>almost like some small animated advertisement ; )
    >>Also the Search text in the finder button should go away.
    >>Well, these are just my opinions, tastes vary, but should be able to
    >>configure like that.
    >>Jarmo P
    >>

    > See these:
    >
    > Change the throbber: http://holgermetzger.de/efaqgeneral.html#10