    I thought 700 was impressive, but this is the worst I've seen. Scanning with
    Ad-aware made the RPC countdown/shutdown kick in! SP1, firewall disabled, no
    anti-virus... some people.
    Invisible, Oct 9, 2005

  2. Invisible

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Invisible wrote:
    > Check out this sucker I just scanned with Spybot:
    > http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=efqx3p
    >
    > I thought 700 was impressive, but this is the worst I've seen. Scanning with
    > Ad-aware made the RPC countdown/shutdown kick in! SP1, firewall disabled, no
    > anti-virus... some people.

    Still doesn't beat my 4700+ laptop...can't prove that with a screenshot
    tho...
    Stu Fleming, Oct 9, 2005

  3. Invisible

    Invisible Guest

    On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 15:33:48 +1300, Stu Fleming <> wrote:

    >Invisible wrote:
    >> Check out this sucker I just scanned with Spybot:
    >> http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=efqx3p
    >>
    >> I thought 700 was impressive, but this is the worst I've seen. Scanning with
    >> Ad-aware made the RPC countdown/shutdown kick in! SP1, firewall disabled, no
    >> anti-virus... some people.
    >>

    >Still doesn't beat my 4700+ laptop...can't prove that with a screenshot
    >tho...

    Bloody hell! Did it run at all?!?! This thing took forever to get to the
    desktop, and was flaky as hell.
    Invisible, Oct 9, 2005
  4. Invisible

    MarkH Guest

    Stu Fleming <> wrote in news::

    > Invisible wrote:
    >> Check out this sucker I just scanned with Spybot:
    >> http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=efqx3p
    >>
    >> I thought 700 was impressive, but this is the worst I've seen.
    >> Scanning with Ad-aware made the RPC countdown/shutdown kick in! SP1,
    >> firewall disabled, no anti-virus... some people.
    >>

    > Still doesn't beat my 4700+ laptop...can't prove that with a
    > screenshot tho...

    I have also worked on a laptop with no AV. It had about 30 different
    viruses over almost two thousand individual infected files. I can't
    remember how much malware Ad-Aware and Spybot found, but it was a lot.

    I heard that the laptop was running drastically faster ever since I cleaned
    it up.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade
    MarkH, Oct 9, 2005
  5. Invisible

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 15:25:36 +1300, Invisible wrote:

    > I thought 700 was impressive, but this is the worst I've seen. Scanning with
    > Ad-aware made the RPC countdown/shutdown kick in! SP1, firewall disabled, no
    > anti-virus... some people.

    You mean the war is *still on* ?
    Gordon, Oct 9, 2005
  6. Invisible

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 03:24:12 +0000, MarkH wrote:

    > I have also worked on a laptop with no AV. It had about 30 different
    > viruses over almost two thousand individual infected files. I can't
    > remember how much malware Ad-Aware and Spybot found, but it was a lot.
    >
    > I heard that the laptop was running drastically faster ever since I cleaned
    > it up.

    A virus, compter or biologically wise, should not kill its host; for it
    would die also.

    HIV is on the move to *not* killing its host. Just as it has done in
    monkeys. Trouble is that many specimens die until this is achieved.
    Gordon, Oct 9, 2005
  7. In article <>,
    Gordon <> wrote:

    >A virus, compter or biologically wise, should not kill its host; for it
    >would die also.

    An obvious exception to that is anthrax. It kills its host in a very
    bloody, messy way, so that it can get back into the soil, where it needs
    to be for part of its breeding cycle.

    >HIV is on the move to *not* killing its host. Just as it has done in
    >monkeys. Trouble is that many specimens die until this is achieved.

    And bird flu seems to be on the move to becoming *more*, not less,
    virulent, as part of its evolution towards direct human-to-human
    transmission.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 9, 2005