    no less
    just me
    (cheap at twice the price...)

    slumpy, May 10, 2004

  2. slumpy

    Trent SC Guest

    > My mate just called me - just got hold of an old laptop for work - very
    > handy.
    >
    > Just spent an hour going through everything, could not receive mail.
    >
    > Finally checked server names (looked ok before) and found pope3.mail.xxxx
    > which made me chuckle somewhat ;-)

    That reminds me of the time that the Church of England announced that it's
    new-fangled website would be hosted by the ISP Demon.

    Trent SC, May 10, 2004

  3. slumpy wrote:

    > My mate just called me - just got hold of an old laptop for work - very
    > handy.
    >
    > Just spent an hour going through everything, could not receive mail.
    >
    > Finally checked server names (looked ok before) and found pope3.mail.xxxx
    > which made me chuckle somewhat ;-)

    LOL, like it!

    Reminds me of the same sort of thing with setting up a
    hotpop email account - spent ages before I spotted this one:

    For some reason (my mum's cooking, I think) I kept writing
    it as hotpot.com

    One track mind.. Thank God it isn't on the pope..

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 10, 2004
  4. slumpy

    Richard Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > My mate just called me - just got hold of an old laptop for work - very
    > handy.
    >
    > Just spent an hour going through everything, could not receive mail.
    >
    > Finally checked server names (looked ok before) and found pope3.mail.xxxx
    > which made me chuckle somewhat ;-)

    pope3 is a sooper sekrit designation for the vatican military.

    Richard, May 10, 2004
  5. slumpy

    gb Guest

    Has he got any more spare laptops? :)

    gb

    gb, May 10, 2004
  6. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, gb emerged from the bunker carrying the
    last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

    > Has he got any more spare laptops? :)

    Nearly bought meself a wee thing yesterday - 1gig processor, only 128mb of
    Ram :-( XP installed with licence, £200. If it had more Ram I'd have got it
    ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, May 10, 2004
  7. Richard wrote:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> My mate just called me - just got hold of an old laptop for work -
    >> very handy.

    >> Just spent an hour going through everything, could not receive mail.

    >> Finally checked server names (looked ok before) and found
    >> pope3.mail.xxxx which made me chuckle somewhat ;-)

    > pope3 is a sooper sekrit designation for the vatican military.

    Ah, yes! The Popewaffe.

    Little Known Fact: The Vatican Air Force is actually the origin of the
    use of "angels" to mean "thousand feet of altitude", as in, "maintaining
    28 angels".

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 4892F
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

    Blinky the Shark, May 10, 2004
  8. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >

    >>"slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>My mate just called me - just got hold of an old laptop for work -
    >>>very handy.

    >>>Just spent an hour going through everything, could not receive mail.

    >>>Finally checked server names (looked ok before) and found
    >>>pope3.mail.xxxx which made me chuckle somewhat ;-)

    >>pope3 is a sooper sekrit designation for the vatican military.

    > Ah, yes! The Popewaffe.
    >
    > Little Known Fact: The Vatican Air Force is actually the origin of the
    > use of "angels" to mean "thousand feet of altitude", as in, "maintaining
    > 28 angels".

    Hmmm...I wonder how much it costs to maintain 28 angels.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, May 10, 2004
  9. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, Brian H¹© emerged from the bunker
    carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

    > Hmmm...I wonder how much it costs to maintain 28 angels.

    A shitload of faith.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, May 10, 2004
  10. Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Richard wrote:

    >>>"slumpy" <> wrote in message

    >>>pope3 is a sooper sekrit designation for the vatican military.

    >> Ah, yes! The Popewaffe.

    >> Little Known Fact: The Vatican Air Force is actually the origin of the
    >> use of "angels" to mean "thousand feet of altitude", as in, "maintaining
    >> 28 angels".

    > Hmmm...I wonder how much it costs to maintain 28 angels.

    If it turns out that you can fit them on the head of a pin, it could
    actually be virtually free.

    Blinky the Shark, May 11, 2004