    Rebel Alliance Galactic Usenet News Service
    --- --- ---=================----------- - -
    **** the Empire! http://snipurl.com/3hun

    --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--, Dec 29, 2003

  2. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Minotaur Guest

    --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =-- wrote:
    > Hard to believe this is hosted on an M$ server:
    >
    > OSDL: Accelerating The Adoption And Use Of Linux
    >
    > "OSDL - home to Linus Torvalds, the creator of Linux - is dedicated to
    > accelerating the growth and adoption of Linux in the enterprise... "
    >
    > http://murl.microsoft.com/LectureDetails.asp?1049

    Windows Media Player is currently available only for the Windows
    Platform. As the client is ported to other oeprating systems, the
    content will be viewable on those machines too. The Macintosh version is
    currently in beta and MURL will support it very soon. Your best resource
    for Microsoft® Windows Media Player™ is found on the Microsoft Media
    Player web pages.

    Pity you can't view the content on Linux, yet...

    Minotaur, Jan 2, 2004

  3. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Chris Share Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 18:14:30 +1100, Minotaur <> wrote:
    > Windows Media Player is currently available only for the Windows

    <snip>
    > Pity you can't view the content on Linux, yet...

    Must be imagining mplayer... can play anything I give it. mpeg, divx,
    wmv/asf, quicktime, realplayer.... you name it.

    chris

    Chris Share, Jan 4, 2004
  4. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Edwin Guest

    "--= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--" <> wrote in message
    > Hard to believe this is hosted on an M$ server:
    >
    > OSDL: Accelerating The Adoption And Use Of Linux
    >
    > "OSDL - home to Linus Torvalds, the creator of Linux - is dedicated to
    > accelerating the growth and adoption of Linux in the enterprise... "
    >
    > http://murl.microsoft.com/LectureDetails.asp?1049

    Apple is the company that deletes dissenting opinions from its servers, not
    MS.

    MS has hosted Mac and OS/2 groups for years...

    Edwin

    Edwin, Jan 5, 2004
  5. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Strontium Guest

    -
    Edwin stood up at show-n-tell, in
    btamsg$55c3e$-berlin.de, and said:

    > "--= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--" <> wrote in message
    >> Hard to believe this is hosted on an M$ server:
    >>
    >> OSDL: Accelerating The Adoption And Use Of Linux
    >>
    >> "OSDL - home to Linus Torvalds, the creator of Linux - is dedicated
    >> to accelerating the growth and adoption of Linux in the
    >> enterprise... "
    >>
    >> http://murl.microsoft.com/LectureDetails.asp?1049

    > Apple is the company that deletes dissenting opinions from its
    > servers, not MS.

    You have GOT to be kidding, me.

    --
    Strontium

    "It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
    now, and then, I kick the livin' shit `outta me." - Lit

    Strontium, Jan 5, 2004
  6. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Edwin Guest

    "Strontium" <> wrote in message

    > -
    > Edwin stood up at show-n-tell, in
    > btamsg$55c3e$-berlin.de, and said:
    >
    > > "--= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hard to believe this is hosted on an M$ server:
    > >>
    > >> OSDL: Accelerating The Adoption And Use Of Linux
    > >>
    > >> "OSDL - home to Linus Torvalds, the creator of Linux - is dedicated
    > >> to accelerating the growth and adoption of Linux in the
    > >> enterprise... "
    > >>
    > >> http://murl.microsoft.com/LectureDetails.asp?1049

    > > Apple is the company that deletes dissenting opinions from its
    > > servers, not MS.

    > You have GOT to be kidding, me.

    I am 100% serious. Apple routinely deletes customer complaints from its
    message boards. Not so with MS.

    Edwin, Jan 5, 2004
  7. > I am 100% serious. Apple routinely deletes customer complaints
    from its
    > message boards. Not so with MS.

    Propably because they fear a "no free disk space" error!? ;)

    -Gernot

    Gernot Frisch, Jan 5, 2004
  8. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Solbu Guest

    Solbu, Jan 5, 2004
  9. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Strontium Guest

    -
    btbujr$5ec5b$-berlin.de, and said:

    > "Strontium" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> -
    >> Edwin stood up at show-n-tell, in
    >> btamsg$55c3e$-berlin.de, and said:
    >>
    >>> "--= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--" <> wrote in message

    >>> Apple is the company that deletes dissenting opinions from its
    >>> servers, not MS.

    >> You have GOT to be kidding, me.

    > I am 100% serious. Apple routinely deletes customer complaints from
    > its message boards.

    This is the part that I am having trouble with:

    >Not so with MS.

    I've seen more than one troll get snipped, from MS's servers.

    Strontium, Jan 5, 2004
  10. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Tempest Guest

    Edwin wrote:

    > "Strontium" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > -
    > > Edwin stood up at show-n-tell, in
    > > btamsg$55c3e$-berlin.de, and said:
    > >
    > > > "--= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--" <> wrote in message

    > > > Apple is the company that deletes dissenting opinions from its
    > > > servers, not MS.

    > > You have GOT to be kidding, me.

    > I am 100% serious. Apple routinely deletes customer complaints from its
    > message boards. Not so with MS.

    How can you tell?

    MS boards are always down.

    --
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
    revolutionary act.

    Tempest, Jan 6, 2004
  11. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, "Edwin" <> wrote:

    >> > Apple is the company that deletes dissenting opinions from its
    >> > servers, not MS.

    >> You have GOT to be kidding, me.

    > I am 100% serious. Apple routinely deletes customer complaints from its
    > message boards. Not so with MS.

    Apple and M$ both suck, for different reasons. Linux isn't exactly a dream
    either, but at least it will get these two corrupt scumbags off their asses
    and we might actually see something good happen.

    Or, they'll continue to play the same old games and Linux will destroy them.
    Either way, we'll be better off.

    --
    --=( Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí )=----- ----- --- - -
    Root of All Evil: http://snipurl.com/3mbv
    http://www.dyncorp-sucks.com/index.html

    --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--, Jan 6, 2004
  12. Tempest wrote:

    > Edwin wrote:
    > >
    > > "Strontium" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > -
    > > > Edwin stood up at show-n-tell, in

    > > > You have GOT to be kidding, me.

    > > I am 100% serious. Apple routinely deletes customer complaints from its
    > > message boards. Not so with MS.

    > How can you tell?
    >
    > MS boards are always down.
    >
    > --
    > During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
    > revolutionary act.
    > - George Orwell

    Maybe they have become so arrogant that they dont have to care.
    Hopefully Linux/Unix will continue to grow and they will be forced to care.

    Eternal Vigilance, Jan 6, 2004
  13. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Edwin Guest

    "Strontium" <> wrote in message

    > -
    > Edwin stood up at show-n-tell, in
    > btbujr$5ec5b$-berlin.de, and said:
    >
    > > "Strontium" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> -
    > >> Edwin stood up at show-n-tell, in

    > >> You have GOT to be kidding, me.

    > > I am 100% serious. Apple routinely deletes customer complaints from
    > > its message boards.

    > This is the part that I am having trouble with:
    >
    > >Not so with MS.

    > I've seen more than one troll get snipped, from MS's servers.

    I said " customer complaints," as in honest, legitimate complaints. Not
    "trolls."

    Edwin, Jan 6, 2004
  14. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    wrote:

    > >> You have GOT to be kidding, me.

    > > I am 100% serious. Apple routinely deletes customer complaints from

    its
    > > message boards. Not so with MS.

    > Apple and M$ both suck, for different reasons. Linux isn't exactly a dream
    > either, but at least it will get these two corrupt scumbags off their

    asses
    > and we might actually see something good happen.
    >
    > Or, they'll continue to play the same old games and Linux will destroy

    them.
    > Either way, we'll be better off.

    Good answer! :)

    Edwin

    Strontium, Jan 6, 2004
  16. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Edwin Guest

    "Strontium" <> wrote in message

    > -
    > Edwin stood up at show-n-tell, in
    > bteudm$66t0v$-berlin.de, and said:
    >
    > <SNIP>

    I see the truth is too much for you.

    Strontium, Jan 6, 2004
  18. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Edwin Guest

    "Strontium" <> wrote in message

    > -
    > Edwin stood up at show-n-tell, in
    > btf2jf$6frqs$-berlin.de, and said:
    >
    > <Snip>

    Coward.

    Edwin

    Edwin, Jan 9, 2004
  19. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Strontium Guest

    -
    btl4ab$827o8$-berlin.de, and said:

    > "Strontium" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> -
    >> Edwin stood up at show-n-tell, in
    >> btf2jf$6frqs$-berlin.de, and said:
    >>
    >> <Snip>

    > Coward.

    MS apologist.

    Strontium, Jan 9, 2004
  20. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Edwin Guest

    "Strontium" <> wrote in message

    > -
    > Edwin stood up at show-n-tell, in
    > btl4ab$827o8$-berlin.de, and said:
    >
    > > "Strontium" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> -
    > >> Edwin stood up at show-n-tell, in
    > >> btf2jf$6frqs$-berlin.de, and said:
    > >>
    > >> <Snip>

    > > Coward.

    > MS apologist.

    Feel free to quote any "apology" made by me in this thread on behalf of MS.

    Edwin

    Edwin, Jan 12, 2004